PDA

View Full Version : Intro and Thank You to Nic, Mods, and Senior Members

kyllikki
24-06-21, 22:39
Ok, I am going to be brave and introduce myself. I have had HA for at least a decade now, during which time I have read many of your posts, and *have not* died from:

Enlarged lymph nodes in my neck
Leukemia / lymphoma
DVT
Brain tumor
Stroke / TIA
Esophageal perforation
MS
staph / GAS / necrotizing infections
Melanoma
Liver / Kidney / Pancreatic cancer

My HA also morphed into postpartum OCD once I had a kid, which made me realize how much my HA fears look like "obsessions," and how my "research" on any given condition approximates a compulsion.

I've set up an account, at long last, not because I've beat my HA (I have not, though I work on it!) but because I wanted to at least post once and thank everyone here for being a tremendous resource over the years.

That said, I just had a complete hearing test run today after seeing an ENT for pulsatile tinnitus; he has recommended an MRI -- and while he didn't seem crazy concerned about what I described and said everything looked fine -- I am at this very minute mentally thumbing through my CBT playbook, trying to stay positive. And this site continues to help.

Thank you very much, Nic and mods, for the work you do.

Best wishes,
Kyllikki

venusbluejeans
24-06-21, 23:13
Hiya kyllikki and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Carys
25-06-21, 09:53
Kyllikki what a fab post, I really enjoyed reading your candid and account of your struggles, and your kindness in thanking the moderators.