PDA

View Full Version : 20 year old surgery scar itches - Sarcoidosis?!

Lana
26-06-21, 18:18
I had almost 20 years ago a small outpatient foot surgery, and have had surgery scar since. In the past couple of months this scar started to itch, and I think I can feel tiny bumps on one side of the incision scar. I read that although very rarely, it can be one of the signs of sarcoidosis, and now I am petrified. They call it scar sarcoidosis, but it may point to the systemic sarcoidosis.

Whenever I think my fears subsided, and feel little better all in all for some time, something comes up. This however is really scary.

Did anyone experienced very old scar suddenly starting to itch, and it turned out NOT to be sarcoidosis? Should I go to see doctor for this? Please help.

Fishmanpa
26-06-21, 19:52
I really think this is a case of 1+1=1000. I have a huge scar on my chest from open heart surgery and yeah, it's bumpy and itches on occasion. I don't give it a 2nd thought :shrug:

FMP

Lana
26-06-21, 21:11
Fishmampa,

As always, thank you so much. It made me feel better.

Have you had your surgery years ago?

Fishmanpa
26-06-21, 21:20
fishmampa,

as always, thank you so much. It made me feel better.

Have you had your surgery years ago?

FMP

Careful1
27-06-21, 01:39
I have lots of old scars that occasionally itch like crazy especially my c section scar 🙄

NoraB
27-06-21, 08:44
My C section scar occasionally itches. :shrug:

Lana
27-06-21, 14:29
Nora & Careful,

Thank you guys, but around the scar on the right side off of it, it is red, and has couple of tiny bumps. I will call my dermatologist tomorrow morning, because, I cannot really calm down. I continue to ruminate about it, and I feel scared.

I really appreciate your replies though.

Lana
30-06-21, 13:46
Hello guys,

So I was seen yesterday by a dermatologist, who I have been seeing for many years, and who is one of the best in the area. He looked with magnifying glass at my scar. and felt it, and said all he can see and feel is scar tissue. He also looked into my eyes, and inside my mouth and said there is no any sign of sarcoidosis. " Maybe a bug bit you so you scratched it..." he added. I was very happy yesterday, but today I want to kill myself for not asking him clearly :"You do not think there is a need for biopsy?" For some reason I think if I had asked that and he had said "No". I would be able to move past this issue.

Now , this is a typical HA sufferer asking : shall I just stop it, and move on? Why is it that I cannot move on? Why am I thinking about this again today?

I just need a (harsh) piece of advice , a little help in thinking logically. I would be ashamed and embarrassed to call his office again.

Thank you guys in advance!

pulisa
30-06-21, 14:09
You have seen the best and most eminent dermatologist in the area.

Do you honestly think he would have neglected to do a biopsy if there was a clinical need to have one? Why should normal scar tissue be biopsied?

You have to talk yourself through this rationally. You know how HA works but you also know how to challenge the niggles and doubts x

Fishmanpa
30-06-21, 14:09
You already went to the doctor for what IMO was a non-issue and got an all clear. You REALLY need to let this go Lana.... :lac:

FMP

Lana
30-06-21, 14:38
Pulisa & Fishmanpa!

I posted the last entry exactly because I need people like you to slap me back to reality.

Thank you very, very much, and thank God there is this amazing Forum for sufferers. The Forum cannot offer medical advice - but it can offer the glimpse of reality for some of us whose HA is truly out of control ( I actually believe it is more OCD than HA)

Thank you again guys!

pulisa
30-06-21, 17:50
Has it helped you though, Lana?

Lana
30-06-21, 19:26
It actually did Pulisa. It just confirmed my thoughts which were telling me: Just stop, for crying out loud!
My husband told me the same , so , yes. Finally.

Thank you again

pulisa
30-06-21, 19:54
I'm very pleased, Lana. You knew this anyway really.