PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a hard bump inside bottom of foot?

RetailMoth
26-06-21, 19:29
So for a few days I've had some slight foot pain, which I initially blamed on my new work shoes and increased walking. It always eased up when I sat down and put my feet up, so I didn't worry.
Today in the bath, though, I was cleaning my feet and felt a medium-sized hard mass in the bottom of my right foot (which had more of the pain), kinda between the balls of my foot, under the toes. I checked the other foot and found a similar lump in the same place, but a lot smaller. You can't see either of them by looking - I checked, but now I'm a bit concerned. Especially since after I rubbed my feet a bit, the foot with the bigger lump feels a bit more tender.

Is this just a normal thing people have, or should I be concerned?

NotDeadYet
26-06-21, 22:28
I don’t find this concerning since you have it on both sides. Probably just your anatomy and the new shoes. My feet are not identical and have parts that are larger than the other.

Catkins
16-02-22, 17:25
Ignore the above post.

I work in a Podiatry department (feet). To me it sounds like the new shoes and additional walking have cause the problem. As the lump is on both feet it could well be that one has become a little inflamed due to the above.

I would switch back to the old shoes and see if it settles, avoid prodding or poking it as that may irritate it more.

I've assumed that the lump isn't on the surface of the skin - if it was I would suspect a corn.