PDA

View Full Version : Persistent annoying cough

shotta287
26-06-21, 23:26
Hi all here I am posting another thread. I know I probably shouldn’t but it does help me.

Back in April I recovered from a horrible oral herpes infection and off the back of it I developed a cough. The cough continued into the start of this month and my doctor thought it was due to my hay fever and gave me antihistamines. Cough eased off but recently it has come back again. It’s not a hacking cough, more of an annoying occasional cough that comes on when talking and I have a tickle in my chest. I don’t cough at night and have no other symptoms apart from a lot of mucus due to my hay fever.

I will be going back to my doctor and asking for an x-ray. In the meantime has anyone here had a long running cough? I hope it’s nothing serious I mean I’m 28 have never smoked but I am worried :(

Anxiouscow
26-06-21, 23:52
Hi all here I am posting another thread. I know I probably shouldn’t but it does help me.

Back in April I recovered from a horrible oral herpes infection and off the back of it I developed a cough. The cough continued into the start of this month and my doctor thought it was due to my hay fever and gave me antihistamines. Cough eased off but recently it has come back again. It’s not a hacking cough, more of an annoying occasional cough that comes on when talking and I have a tickle in my chest. I don’t cough at night and have no other symptoms apart from a lot of mucus due to my hay fever.

I will be going back to my doctor and asking for an x-ray. In the meantime has anyone here had a long running cough? I hope it’s nothing serious I mean I’m 28 have never smoked but I am worried :(

What are you worried about exactly?

shotta287
27-06-21, 11:43
What are you worried about exactly?

That it could be lung c or lymphoma. If my doctor refuses to send me for an x ray I’ll mention these fears.

Fishmanpa
27-06-21, 14:22
Are you still taking the antihistamines?

FMP

shotta287
27-06-21, 14:51
Are you still taking the antihistamines?

FMP

Yeah I’ve missed a day here and there. But this year my hay fever has been at its worst even with antihistamines.

Fishmanpa
27-06-21, 15:14
Yeah I’ve missed a day here and there. But this year my hay fever has been at its worst even with antihistamines.

That's the thing. This year, at least where I'm at in the States, the pollen has been unreal. There is literally a coating of yellow on my car in the mornings. Even with us taking a daily allergy pill, we still get breakthrough allergies. We keep a bottle of nose spray (Flonase/Generic) and it really helps.

FMP