PDA

View Full Version : ALS anxiety!!

Celestia Ludenberg
27-06-21, 01:25
20 year old male with no family history of ALS

ok so for a few days my left arm has felt slightly heavy my thumb on my left hand feels SEVERELY restricted whenever i try to rotate it i have dysphagia when it comes to swallowing solid food and my left ankle hurts when i walk or point it upwards! i'm scared that i have ALS... I hope this doesn't come off as disrespectful...

jojo2316
27-06-21, 11:47
Have you had this fear before? Worth reading the stickies on the subject. Particularly the one about ALS and why you don’t have it!

Fishmanpa
27-06-21, 13:25
20 year old male with no family history of ALS

ok so for a few days my left arm has felt slightly heavy my thumb on my left hand feels SEVERELY restricted whenever i try to rotate it i have dysphagia when it comes to swallowing solid food and my left ankle hurts when i walk or point it upwards! i'm scared that i have ALS... I hope this doesn't come off as disrespectful...

You were on the ALS forum and the stickie here (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?232384-ALS-and-why-you-DON-T-have-it!) is from that page. As they told you, best to see a doctor if you're that concerned but nothing you posted points toward ALS. Please stay off that forum as going there is disrespectful to the members suffering from that disease.

FMP