PDA

View Full Version : Scared it’s my appendix

Anon77675
27-06-21, 08:07
Scared I have the worlds longest case of appendicitis and it’s ridiculous! I have mild pain on and off and cramps in my right side and around the appendix area. I’ve been checked by a nurse & two doctors at the GP surgery and all I want to do is run to A&E to just make sure it’s not! It fills my head up I do nothing but think about it and I’m really fed up with it, i have IBS and possibly endometriosis too. I feel sick but it’s probably the iron tablets I’ve started taking, I have a headache but no temperature infact it doesn’t even hurt to press on it! I cannot get the irrational fears out my head and I’m even questioning myself if there’s even pain there or just my anxiety playing tricks! I’ve had this pain on and off for week and it’s more noticeable when I’m moving around like a sharp pain or like a crampy ache and had gotten worse since taking iron tablets so logic says it’s ibs! But my head just won’t take it and stop giving me the fear back, I’ve been a whole week paranoid constantly and intensely about this little niggly pain and it’s ruining everything, my boyfriends getting mad and my mums annoyed and had enough of me going on about it!

ocdbaking
27-06-21, 09:27
I've had appendicitis, and you're not describing what I felt at all. The doctors and nurses would spot it, so trust them when they say it's not.

Anon77675
27-06-21, 10:19
Thanks for your reply, my boyfriends had it and said it’s not my appendix too, I have no idea how to stop obsessing about it! I’m driving everyone (and myself) insane!

ocdbaking
29-06-21, 20:20
Distracting yourself will help with the obsessing cycle. But while distracting yourself try and sit with the anxiety thoughts and logically think it through. You can stop yourself obsessing, but you have to take control of the situation, your thinking and your own reaction. You can do it!