PDA

View Full Version : Worried about the virus…

anxious_thoughts
28-06-21, 15:42
My mom has to get an MRI done tomorrow and It will be at the hospital. She and my dad are fully vaccinated but I only have my first vaccination.

Im so worried about the new delta variant and her bringing home the virus. She said she would wear mask, gloves, and a face shield to be safe. But I’m still nervous about her bringing something back. :(

Gary A
28-06-21, 15:48
They’ve both been fully vaccinated, you’ve been partially vaccinated, the hospital should have good infection control in place in a setting such as that. The chances of her “bringing something home” are practically zero.

nomorepanic
28-06-21, 16:43
She will be fine.

I have had loads of hospital visits during Covid and they are very very careful with everything.

Lencoboy
28-06-21, 18:46
Wasn't the Beta (SA) variant supposed to be more problematic than the Delta?

It was mentioned on the BBC website today that the booster jab currently under development for the autumn is using the Beta as a yardstick rather than the Delta.

Although I don't wish to tempt fate by saying this, we haven't heard of any newly confirmed cases of the Beta (SA) variant in the UK now since about April at the latest.

AntsyVee
28-06-21, 18:50
I agree with Gary.

pulisa
28-06-21, 19:38
Wishing your mum well for her MRI. I agree with Gary too.

My son is having a colonoscopy on Wednesday after months of delay due to Covid. I'm just glad he's finally having it done now and have complete faith in the hospital's stringent infection control measures.

anxious_thoughts
30-06-21, 14:46
It’s already the next day after he appointment. I’m feeling very anxious and I’m so hypersensitive right now to any feeling. This morning I woke up with a sore throat but it has gone away. Could be from the air conditioner blasting all night. Still feeling very worried…

anxious_thoughts
30-06-21, 14:47
Wishing your mum well for her MRI. I agree with Gary too.

My son is having a colonoscopy on Wednesday after months of delay due to Covid. I'm just glad he's finally having it done now and have complete faith in the hospital's stringent infection control measures.

Thank you Pulisa! Her MRI went well. I’m still very nervous and can’t stop thinking about anything I’m feeling could be a symptom.

I hope your sons colonoscopy goes well today.