PDA

View Full Version : Blood work/ECG results came in today!

skyisblue
29-06-21, 14:10
Hi, all. 30M here. After bothering all of you lovely people here about my blood pressure/heart fears, I found a very nice and understanding cardiologist who made the process easier for me who has HA.

Test results came back in today and consulted with my cardiologist. All came back NORMAL except my LDL (bad cholesterol) was a little high. Creatinine and GFR are super okay (thank goodness!) FBS and diabetes test, all good. Potassium normal. CBC clear. Uric acid is normal which is surprising because I had high readings before. BUN was on the high normal range, but the doctor said it could be I wasn't hydrated enough. She didn't find it bothersome. However, I made the mistake of Googling and saw kidney failure all over the place! :(

ECG came back ok except it found an early repolarization which she said was a mere variance or benign finding that is common among my demographic (young male) and wasn't really a cause of concern. Of course, I peeked into Google and saw a lot of things ranging from it's all fine to sudden death. Sigh. :(

I'm bound for a 24-BP monitoring test next month which is the final test before doc decides to give me BP meds. All in all, these past few weeks have been difficult but you all made it bearable. I wouldn't be where I am now without all of you guys in this forum. I feel way better now that the first step is done.

Trying my best not to obsess so much on my ECG and that "high normal" BUN.

AbyssalStars
01-07-21, 01:16
I don't know too much about about ECG, so sorry I can't reassure you on that. But as for the "high-normal" BUN, it is still within the normal range, so I wouldn't worry too much. Especially since all your other readings relevant to kidneys came back normal (creatinine and GFR). I don't know if you have experience with statistics, but the cbc ranges are built from a normal curve and confidence interval. Even if you fall outside the so-called "normal" range, you could just be a "healthy" outlier. When I had my cbc done a month or so ago, quite a few of my readings were either slightly elevated or low, but none of them worried my doctor. The only thing that was worrisome was the elevated lipase and amylase, but that is because both of them were really really elevated. As in statistically significant.

I think maybe you should consider putting down Google and try to relax. Everything is okay. You are going to be alright. Based on what you described above, the most likely worse-case scenario is that you are prescribed some BP-lowering meds. You just need to relax until then; relaxing will help reduce your BP naturally (at least to some degree).

I hope you have a good (or at least okay) month until then! :)