PDA

View Full Version : Bug bites very worried

worriedk
29-06-21, 20:47
Hi nomorepanic,

I've been going for workouts outside and I've been running near a river recently, I stepped in the river to check the water cool off feet, then I got back and ran home.
While near elevator to apartment I have discovered strange dark spot on my lower calf, not thinking much of it I scratched it and it easily came off, took a look at it, seemed strange, like a blood clot. (Pictures are attached) i also found quite a lot of bug bites (mosquitos, flies etc were a lot by the river thats one of the reasons I got out of there)

So to add some context I have GAD and am going through a employment change right now so stress is elevated and my anxiety even before this day was to check up for ticks every day after I come back after shower. I live in a country where ticks mainly carry 2 diseases - Lyme and Tick encephalitis (Eastern Europe).
So I check my body, and focus on legs and notice 2 bites (no ticks attached) and from that moment I cant get it out of my head. Started the good old googling for stuff (which I know is not the way to decrease anxiety) of how tick bites look like and etc.

Now 10 days have passed, both of the bites are almost unnoticeable, but I'm stuck thinking I have to wait a month to be fully clear of tick borne illnesses and that at any moment I can get sick with Tick Encephalitis and i cannot relax, cannot focus on work, cannot enjoy life....

Im attaching some pictures and the question I'd like to ask you guys is does these look like tick bites to you? How often people have tick bites with no ticks attached? I'm myself 90% sure these are not tick bites but I cant let go of the 10%.

Fishmanpa
29-06-21, 22:23
None of us are doctors but based on your post, sounds like normal bug bites to me. Especially since they're fading and you didn't have anything like a bullseye rash. You're making much more of this than you have to TBH.

FMP

.Poppy.
30-06-21, 15:49
It's pretty rare for ticks to just bite and leave. They bite and feed for as long as they possibly can.

The blood clot thing - I originally was thinking "leech" but it doesn't look like one in the picture. More likely you got a cut or a bite and it just bled.