PDA

View Full Version : Lump near spine. Should I be worried?

niknakx
30-06-21, 18:19
I’ve had a soft squishy kind of lump near my spine for at least 5 years now, possibly longer. I went to the doctor about it years ago and he said it was a cyst but did no checks on it apart from a little prod of it. However, it has never hurt at all over the years. But I think it has changed shape and is more flat now, although it’s hard to tell because it’s on my back right next to my spine. The last couple of days it has been on my mind. It never went away and I don’t know if it I’m actually a cyst. I’m starting to have the creeping “is this actually something sinister vibes?” Do you think if I’ve had a lump for over 5 years which hasn’t changed dramatically I should be okay?

Fishmanpa
30-06-21, 18:48
Sorry to see you spiraling :( Are you getting any help for your HA?

FMP

Catkins
30-06-21, 21:26
I had a cyst on my back for years and years, nothing much changed about it for a very long time, maybe it grew a bit. Eventually I had it removed because it was at the top of my back (pretty close to my spine) and I got quite self conscious about it.

If your doctor isn't concerned you shouldn't be and as FMP says are you getting any help with your HA?