PDA

View Full Version : Concerned that I have small fiber neuropathy/peripheral neuropathy.

beq45
02-07-21, 20:38
I’m 29 and have had BFS for over 2 years now, which has mainly involved twitching in my legs, but I’ve twitched pretty much everywhere at this point. On top of the twitching, I’ve had minor cramps/pain in both legs and a tingling/crawling sensation that feels like I have bugs crawling on me, but neither of these issues is constant and typically get worse when I’m tired or stressed. I went to the doctor about a month ago, and they thought that whatever I’m experiencing is benign in nature. I was on a BFS-related forum and learned that some people with BFS also have something called small fiber neuropathy, which is a type of peripheral neuropathy. The more I read about this, the more concerned I got, as it’s apparently not a disorder that doctors know too much about, even though the symptoms can be treated and the condition remains stable in a lot of people who have it.

Fishmanpa
02-07-21, 21:44
I actually have neuropathy from chemo treatment. My feet are basically numb. It feels like I'm walking on scrunched up socks. Nothing you posted describes what I experience. Even if you are diagnosed with this rare form of neuropathy, what then? LIVE WITH IT!

FMP

beq45
02-07-21, 23:59
I'm sorry that you are dealing with neuropathy. Is it really one of those things you just learn to deal with? It seems like a lot of people have some form of neuropathy (people who've been through chemo like you or people with diabetes, for example), but you don't hear too much about it, so I'm assuming most people who have it manage to get by.

Fishmanpa
03-07-21, 03:12
I'm sorry that you are dealing with neuropathy. Is it really one of those things you just learn to deal with? It seems like a lot of people have some form of neuropathy (people who've been through chemo like you or people with diabetes, for example), but you don't hear too much about it, so I'm assuming most people who have it manage to get by.

You don't have a choice :shrug:

FMP