PDA

View Full Version : Back pain - keeping perspective

Vintagemim
02-07-21, 22:52
Hi everyone. I guess I wanted to write something on this forum to keep things in perspective.

I'm a 27 year old woman with health anxiety.

For the past two months I've been struggling with a back pain I've never experienced before. It feels like a dull ache in my lower back, as well as sharp stabbing pains along my spinal column, which feel worse when I breathe in. I also started getting throbbing pain around my tail bone. It lasts from morning till I fall asleep, which can be difficult, and I seem to notice it more at night or when sitting.

Initially I thought it was related to fibroids or ibs. I'm taking buscopan and am on a waiting list for an ultrasound, as I have previously been diagnosed with both conditions.

As you might imagine my mind has wandered, and unfortunately I actually know someone who has recently been diagnosed with multiple myeloma after months of back pain.

However I'm trying to keep things in perspective. The nurse at the GP suggested it was posture related (I do work at a desk in my day job), but I have found myself breaking down and getting upset about the pain and not knowing how to cope.

I wrote this post mostly to have everything written down on paper, so don't necessarily expect a response, but I do also wonder if anyone had had success with a chiropractor before? I've never needed one, but I'd be interested to know if they can help? I don't really mean as a second opinion but whether they do massage or provide more specifics about what to do?

So yeah, mostly a post for me. This is written in a moment of clarity so I'll not ask for reassurance, but advice on exercises or chiropractor knowledge would be useful.

Carys
07-07-21, 19:44
Sorry, I don't have any answers for you as never had the experience of seeing a chiropractor - but bumping back up for you :)