PDA

View Full Version : Instantly worried new piercings will get infected

wasdhu
03-07-21, 22:59
Got my ears pierced today, and as soon as they were done my instant thought was "what if my ears get infected? What if the infection travels to my brain and I die?". I've gotten them pierced before years ago but I feel like I'm more anxious now then I was back then. My ear hurts and I'm worried about it... Even though it was impaled, twice, just a few hours ago. My brain always wants to assume the worst will happen before it can happen. Everyone and their mum gets their ears pierced and I can't do it without worrying I'm going to die, I'm tired of my brain always being like this!!

Scass
04-07-21, 03:49
It’s just a thought not a fact. Keep up the sal****er rinses or whatever you were told to do.
I’m going to get mine repierced today too! I shall no doubt have the same worries, but I bet that will make us even more meticulous about aftercare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueIris
04-07-21, 09:23
I'm so envious of you both! I actually make earrings but I'm ragingly allergic so I can't wear them. Good luck today, Scass!

wasdhu
04-07-21, 11:54
Thanks both of you! Good luck Scass!

Lolalee1
04-07-21, 12:07
Hi BI :Dwhat type of earrings do you make?I have several piercings

Scass
04-07-21, 14:07
I didn’t go because OH has to work and I’m not sure I could take my daughter with me due to restrictions.
Also though I’m starting to worry a bit as I was really allergic in one ear too. Think I need to talk to the piercers first…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kuraimoar
04-07-21, 15:27
If it makes you feel better I had a horrible infection in a lip piercing several years ago. It went away and I still have the piercing. If it gets infected you will know and you can treat it long before it would be a concern.

AntsyVee
04-07-21, 18:11
Hi BI :Dwhat type of earrings do you make?I have several piercings

Yes, I also want to know. I have several piercings and an addiction to shiny objects.

AntsyVee
04-07-21, 18:15
Got my ears pierced today, and as soon as they were done my instant thought was "what if my ears get infected? What if the infection travels to my brain and I die?". I've gotten them pierced before years ago but I feel like I'm more anxious now then I was back then. My ear hurts and I'm worried about it... Even though it was impaled, twice, just a few hours ago. My brain always wants to assume the worst will happen before it can happen. Everyone and their mum gets their ears pierced and I can't do it without worrying I'm going to die, I'm tired of my brain always being like this!!

You'll be fine. Out here in CA, many cultures get their babies' ears pierced and even young girls get their noses pierced, and kids and babies are disgusting! Just remember not to touch your piercings with dirty fingers, and keep rinsing them with peroxide, and you'll be fine. At some point, you probably will get one of them infected...it's pretty natural with having a piercing anywhere on your body. And you will clean it, it'll go away, and you'll be fine.

wasdhu
05-07-21, 23:29
Thank you everyone for your replies, they're really sweet

Unfortunately I ended up having a completely different problem than I thought I would. The piercer botched the job so bad I had to get both earrings taken out within the next day. It involved a lot of blood and going to A&E in the middle of the night

Thankfully I wasn't anxious for most of the ordeal, I was told my ear will heal quickly and that's been true, I'm more upset that I had to get the earrings taken out because I really loved them

The other bad thing about this situation is: before I got my piercings done I was having my usual HA thoughts that were telling me I shouldn't get pierced because something will go wrong and I'll die. I didn't listen to myself this time because my brain is telling me this all the time about most things, and the first time I got pierced everything was fine so it'll be fine again.

Too bad my HA was right this time. At least I didn't die lol but since my bad thoughts actually came true I'm having a harder time telling myself they're being irrational, which is... Really annoyong because my HA has been reasonably calm for a while

Not sure what else to say, just felt like updating

AntsyVee
05-07-21, 23:34
How was the job botched?

wasdhu
06-07-21, 19:06
How was the job botched?

The piercings were done on the same side. One of them was pierced at a bad angle and the jewellry was touching each other - which is Not supposed to happen. I got the bad piercing taken out and thought that would be that, but then the other one start bleeding exessivley, to the point where blood was dripping down my ear and completely caking it. It wasn't stopping either. It took the nurse 5 minutes to take the thing out because the blood dried it so much. It's been 24hrs since all that happened and the bleeding stopped as soon as the jewellry was gone. I have no idea why any of that happened, just my luck

AntsyVee
06-07-21, 21:09
The piercings were done on the same side. One of them was pierced at a bad angle and the jewellry was touching each other - which is Not supposed to happen. I got the bad piercing taken out and thought that would be that, but then the other one start bleeding exessivley, to the point where blood was dripping down my ear and completely caking it. It wasn't stopping either. It took the nurse 5 minutes to take the thing out because the blood dried it so much. It's been 24hrs since all that happened and the bleeding stopped as soon as the jewellry was gone. I have no idea why any of that happened, just my luck

Yeah, you aren't supposed to get two piercings in the same ear at the same time. They should have never done that. You usually get one done, let it heal, then do the other.