PDA

View Full Version : heart flutters and exercise

ItWillPass
12-11-07, 18:28
I have not been very active for awhile now. I am 25, but I feel like I am 90. I am not overweight at all because when I am anxious I cannot eat. I decided to start to exercise not so much to lose weight, but to get in shape and just feel better. Anyway... I am having a very difficult time because I have a lot of fears about my heart. I want to get my heart into shape (my resting heart beat is about 100 bpm!!) Whenever I exercise my hear beats quickly, and it freaks me out. Even worse, when I am all done my heart still feels odd/shaky for awhile after. Is this normal???? Can anyone relate??? as I work out more will it imprive? I have been to a cardiologist a few times, and he swears there is nothing wrong with my heart. My heart fears began when I was pregnant and very nausous. From all the vomiting my heart went into atrial fibrilation. I guess I get terrified that working out will put the same strain on my heart. Can anoyone relate to working out, and heart fears?

TracyL
13-11-07, 00:03
Hi Hun

I can totally relate to heart fears believe me. I have suffered with irregular/ectopic/extra beats etc for the last 20 years. For the last couple of months i have had days where it is constantly beating irregular etc. I scared myself nearly to death. I've had ecg, 24 hour monitors and an echo, all seems to be ok. I know how hard it is to exercise etc when you're scared there is something wrong. I am gradually getting back into it and trying to ignore the weird things my heart does.
I'd say as long as you've had it checked out which sounds like you have then try not too worry and just take things slowly.

You're not alone.

Hugs Tracy

nomorepanic
13-11-07, 00:07
Hi there

You heart rate is supposed to go up quite high when exercising - this is exercising it and keeping it healthy

Perfectly normal

Lexi
14-11-07, 14:55
yeah its totally normal for your heart rate to go up, though i get a little scared when i does, even though its normal! I sometimes get nasty pausing ectopics during maximum excercise which is really scary xx

cassi23
15-11-07, 13:59
I'm so glad someone else is going through this (no offence) and I'm not alone!

For the last 4/5 days i've been having intense palpitations and a really fast and sometimes irregular pulse with shakiness, butterflies in my chest and loads of other symptoms.
i've been to the docs about 4 times and had blood tests done and an ecg, they've listened to my heart etc and concluded that its anxiety/depression as i'm 7 weeks post natal.
i've been convinced that they're wrong and i've got a heart condition and i'm going to die, but reading these posts have made me feel so much better!

thankyou all
cassi23

joelhall
15-11-07, 14:12
are you breathing correctly during exercise or having less sleep than usual, the two most common reasons?