PDA

View Full Version : Bump in thigh

Chlobo
05-07-21, 14:57
I’m sure I can feel a lump or bump in my thigh, when I sit a certain way. I’m not sure if it’s part of the muscle but I’m spiralling again 😭
if I stand up I can’t really feel anything it’s more when I kneel with thighs bent in front of me or sit

Fishmanpa
05-07-21, 15:07
Chlobo... Question for you....

You were off the forum for several years and came back a few months ago and are obviously in a rabbit hole. What happened to trigger this and what did you do to manage so well the years you weren't posting?

FMP

Chlobo
05-07-21, 16:06
I can’t think what I was doing differently, I’m really not sure.
I’ve just moved house and that’s a trigger for me, a big trigger is change, I think something bad is going to happen but I am so fed up with one issue after another

Fishmanpa
05-07-21, 16:14
Well, a move and change can be stressful for anyone and it would make sense that this has triggered you, but what real issues are you talking about? I ask because the things you're posting about recently are not grounded in reality. You're performing unusual self-checking behaviors and going from 0-100 over normal bodily features and niggles. There's really nothing to say or reassure you about when it's really nothing you're worrying about. Perhaps you should speak with your doctor about this and see if you can get some help.

FMP

Chlobo
05-07-21, 16:28
I need to register with a doctor here, I’m now just terrified of this bump.
maybe it’s just part of the muscle. I can’t feel it when I stand up and babe straight legs

nomorepanic
05-07-21, 16:56
I too think that you need to address the HA here.

What you are feeling is probably muscle but the worry here is how you react to normal bodily things.

Chlobo
05-07-21, 17:15
I can’t even bare to feel over my skin at the moment in case I feel a lump or bump, I just happened to notice a bulge and I thought oh I’ll feel around.
i just feel so phobic at the moment. So worried about cancers.

nomorepanic
05-07-21, 19:00
Yeah so why not take our advice then?

Carys
05-07-21, 19:20
SO, register with a doctor then and ask for some referral (actually I believe you can self-refer in lots of areas anyway) for some mental health assistance.

You say that you 'can't bear to check' yet clearly you are checking Chlobo, as you have come up with a few 'nothings' recently that show you are doing unusual checking.

Chlobo
06-07-21, 10:11
I’ve called them today and they have said I can go down after 6pm, urgh I don’t want to go but I’ve got awful OCD feelings like I have to go.
it’s going to be a struggle to get there as well at that time.
im just struggling at the moment.
im so scared of death that’s the underlying issue here, and leaving my kids

Fishmanpa
06-07-21, 11:52
I’ve called them today and they have said I can go down after 6pm, urgh I don’t want to go but I’ve got awful OCD feelings like I have to go.
it’s going to be a struggle to get there as well at that time.
im just struggling at the moment.

The thing is, with your mind in this state, you're not with your kids anyway (mentally that is). Living in fear of dying is not living. You're obviously aware of what the issue is and based on your post history, its time you addressed the real issue. You and your family deserve to have happiness. Let us know how you get on.

Positive thoughts

Carys
06-07-21, 12:55

Yup thats where HA comes from for most people. Give us an update after you have been :)

Chlobo
08-07-21, 08:07
So I called my doctors at the time they asked and they told me I was bottom of the list due to other patients using the walk in service and the doctor wouldn’t have time to see me.
I have an appointment today with my normal GP that I ended up calling because the closer doctors couldn’t see me.

my friend felt my thigh yesterday and said there’s nothing there to worry about, it’s a muscle ridge or just a muscle in general. She said I need to sort the anxiety out and she would never go to the doctors about something like that.

I don’t know what to do now, go and show him my leg for my OCD’s sake or go and tell him my anxiety is crippling.

pulisa
08-07-21, 08:39
Go and tell him that you are really struggling with your HA.

Chlobo
08-07-21, 10:11
I’m so anxious. I feel sick, I’ve given myself an awful upset stomach.
I just don’t see how this can get any better anymore

pulisa
08-07-21, 13:52
Did you speak to your GP, Chlobo?

Chlobo
09-07-21, 10:53
I’m seeing him this afternoon at 2.30. I’m so anxious

pulisa
09-07-21, 13:37
You have managed to get a face to face appointment which is like gold dust at my surgery. You have to make the most of it and tell him everything. Tell him how bad your HA is.

Chlobo
09-07-21, 14:56
I’ve just got out of my appointment.
he felt my leg and said he isn’t concerned. Fatty lump or muscle knot he said. He said sarcoma would be jagged and nasty feeling with other symptoms. He said he isn’t concerned.
But here I am feeling sick because I was hoping he would say it was muscle and it clearly isn’t.

Chlobo
09-07-21, 14:56
I told him how bad my HA was but he seemed more of a physical doctor, he has sent me a link to go through to the mental health team.

Chlobo
09-07-21, 14:58
He also said ‘I mean you can keep an eye on it if you want but I’m not concerned’
my brain says ‘he wants you to keep an eye on it in case he’s wrong’
I hate this

fma11122341
09-07-21, 15:39
Trust me, I went through this with a lump in my neck a few years ago, trust the doctor and know that you're fine.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

pulisa
09-07-21, 17:49
He also said ‘I mean you can keep an eye on it if you want but I’m not concerned’
my brain says ‘he wants you to keep an eye on it in case he’s wrong’
I hate this

You have control over your thoughts (your brain).

He's saying that it's up to you whether you want to keep on monitoring something which he's not concerned about. He's referred you to the MH team which is good in terms of recognising that you have HA and not a physical issue.

Chlobo
10-07-21, 09:38
I don’t know if anyone else does this at the doctors but I suddenly remember things they have said.
he said I could keep an eye on it and if it grows they could do a scan, he said I’m not worried at the moment.
He didn’t say that until I sort of pushed again and said are you sure it’s okay??
but ‘I’m not worried at the moment’ I wanted him to say I’m not worried, which I guess he did say at the start. He said lipoma or fat lump most likely. God my brain it’s going over and over picking what he said apart.
I can’t cope guys

Chlobo
12-07-21, 20:56
My ex partner just dropped my daughter off.
I still really care for him but I’ve tried to approach the subject through text message and he never replied so for fear of rejection I haven’t mention it or tired to mention it again.
im sat and I just get this hot panic come over me about this leg again. Thinking I can see bulges or something.
then I start to think about him and i get so scared, why does he pop into my head when i’m panicking, it’s a the most bizzare feeling. He’s never been one I can turn too when I’m afraid so why would my brain jump to thoughts of him.