PDA

View Full Version : Now I’m worried about leg cramps

niknakx
06-07-21, 01:24
I’ve been spiralling for about 2 weeks now. I’ve been having big neurological fears again recently and have really wanted to improve. I was actually doing better and improving a lot. Last evening I actually felt somewhat back to normal with very limited anxiety which was great. However, anxiety is back again this morning sadly.
3 times this week I have stretched after waking up and caused extreme calf cramp. Once in my right leg and twice in my left. I never normally have this, so to have it three times in a week is super weird. I can think of many logical reasons for this. 1, it’s insanely humid and hot at the moment and I’m probably not drinking enough water, 2 I’m anxious so probably fairly tense. But of course because of my health anxiety I keep thinking it’s the start of something bad. Why do I think like this?! Why does this happen right as I’m starting to feel better. Is this a stupid reason to be worried?

Fishmanpa
06-07-21, 01:35
Is this a stupid reason to be worried?

If you have to ask that question, you know the answer ;)

FMP

niknakx
06-07-21, 01:39
I hate that I’m like this. I was finally feeling calm last night and now I’m back to feeling sick and anxious.

scaredandalone1995
06-07-21, 02:09
Im having the same thing i think when your focused on an area of the body things tend to be noticed a lot more in that area aswell as they feel a lot worse then they actually are. Ive been going through a rough period with health anxiety i first had it when i was 20 im now 26 but the good news is it does come and go and its just learning to deal with it when its at its worst. Everyone has spikes in anxiety you can get through this like we all can you just have to be strong and try and stop the cycles of googling and looking for reassureance i know its hard as im also struggling to stop this but i do notice when im not on google i feel a LOT better. Don't beat yourself up for struggling though lots of people are dealing with the same worries and anxiety in general is very hard to overcome especially when you are in the cycle of seeking reassureance. I hope this helped in some way :)

wasdhu
06-07-21, 19:01
My SO has problems with leg cramps in the calf. He got them when playing rugby and now it sticks around. He is a teacher now but still gets them regularly. He mentioned it feels better when he drinks more water so dehydration could be an issue - if you're tense a massage might help. But I'm baasically saying this stuff happens to perfectly healthy people sometimes. And it hasn't been long so it could easily disappear. Either way, it isn't anything bad

NoraB
07-07-21, 07:13
Take some magnesium. Most people are deficient and that can cause leg cramps. I started taking magnesium for something else but found that my leg/foot cramps have disappeared along with a few other symptoms since taking magnesium regularly...