PDA

View Full Version : Cancer fear

sleepless65
07-07-21, 08:00
Posted quite a few things here lately, woke up this morning and since yesterday have s lot pressure in rectum, and an ache all the way from lower left to ribs and not much of an appetite. I'm feeling hot and sweaty. . Dreading going to toilet. I'm worrying about cancer and if there is something sinister growing inside me making feel like this. I have nobody to talk to about it which makes it worse.

pulisa
07-07-21, 08:12
I get a lot of this pressure feeling with my IBS. It sounds like your anxiety is affecting your guts. IBS can cause all sorts of symptoms. Have you looked into IBS and rectal pressure rather than focusing on cancers?

sleepless65
07-07-21, 08:25
Hi thanks for replying I really do hope this is what it is. But can't help worrying about it. Its not good feeling like this as I'm sure a lot of people on here know, it stopping me from moving forward with life, I'm in my fifties and just feel I'm running out of time.

pulisa
07-07-21, 08:31
I'm in my sixties so going downhill fast in your books!:)

What is anxiety stopping you from doing? What would you like to be able to do if you could manage your HA better?

NoraB
07-07-21, 08:39
Posted quite a few things here lately, woke up this morning and since yesterday have s lot pressure in rectum, and an ache all the way from lower left to ribs and not much of an appetite. I'm feeling hot and sweaty. . Dreading going to toilet. I'm worrying about cancer and if there is something sinister growing inside me making feel like this. I have nobody to talk to about it which makes it worse.

I've had all this on my imaginary cancer ride..

Pressure in rectum - most likely cause is IBS, piles, sitting down too much etc

Abdo discomfort/pain - IBS, constipation - gas etc

Lack of appetite - anxiety (fear doesn't half put you off ya food), IBS - gas, bloated - bleurgh!

Do you have piles?

I'm off to see what else you've been posting...

NoraB
07-07-21, 08:47
I'm off to see what else you've been posting...

I remember you now... (sorry, I respond to so many people on here I don't always remember usernames)

I'm very sorry to see that nothing I (or anybody else) said has made any difference to you...

Maybe keep looking at those responses and also the excellent IBS sticky threads on here?

I'm not seeing cancer here. I'm seeing anxiety and IBS - nothing that I haven't experienced myself on my own HA ride..

sleepless65
07-07-21, 08:49
Hi in general I feel my life is being blighted in lots of ways feel stuck and trapped. I would like to think I could have a relationship but at this point it's just not going to happen as I get too anxious and with my health worries this seems to be all I think about. Sorry didn't mean to be negative about people of slighty more mature years, at times I reflect on how much time I've wasted against how much time left if you see what I mean .

sleepless65
07-07-21, 09:01
Hi Norab, how "real" did your symptoms feel? I see from reading here that anxiety does cause actual aches and pains. Im struggling to differentiate what is an actual symptom and just general body stuff, if I go to doc with a shopping list of issues im not going to get anywhere. For last week I've given up dairy to see if that helps.

NoraB
07-07-21, 09:03
Sorry didn't mean to be negative about people of slighty more mature years, at times I reflect on how much time I've wasted against how much time left if you see what I mean .

I'm 51 lol. Shall I go hurl myself into the canal now? :yesyes:

I think this reply was aimed more at Pulisa, but you didn't quote her directly so it's fair game..

You can't change what's been and gone. If you've wasted time in the past, there's nowt you can do about it. You have to accept that you can't change that. It is time you will never get back. But you can absolutely do something about the 'now' and this could lead you to a brighter future, including potential relationships with middle-aged relics. :emot-woot:

pulisa
07-07-21, 13:57
I'm sure the comment was aimed at me, Nora because you're in your prime whereas I'm an OAP well past her sell-by date and probably in the bargain basement in terms of life prospects!

There are plenty of middle aged relics out there looking for relationships, Sleepless. If that's what you want then it would motivate you to work on your HA and prioritise what is really important for you.

sleepless65
07-07-21, 14:36
Well I'm mid 50s so no spring chicken, and I hope I didn't cause offence .

pulisa
07-07-21, 17:43
Not at all..Please don't worry about it. I've still got my own teeth at least!:D

I'd just say don't write yourself off because you are low and very anxious about your health. IBS can wreak havoc with your guts and cause all sorts of weird sensations/symptoms. The main thing is that you have no red flag symptoms and you're not anaemic which is very reassuring and a good indicator that nothing sinister is going on.

NoraB
08-07-21, 12:19
I'm sure the comment was aimed at me, Nora because you're in your prime whereas I'm an OAP well past her sell-by date and probably in the bargain basement in terms of life prospects!

In my prime? :huh:

The only prime I'm in is Amazon lol

I'm past the bargain basement 'WHOOPS' sticker P! I'm round the back of the supermarket - in the skip - surrounded by fish heads and rat shit. :roflmao:

I hit my prime in 2007 and it's been a rapid decline since then..

I can't actually think of a single part of my anatomy that actually works properly? :unsure:

That said, I do have most of my own teeth? However, thanks to ageing (and receding) gums, I have more enamel on show than I used to have. So much so, that I'm thinking of hiring myself out to cricket clubs as a side screen. :emot-prettywink: