PDA

View Full Version : 12 days post 2nd dose of astra zeneca still getting nausea digestive issues

sammiej123
07-07-21, 09:05
Hi everyone. So since i had the 2nd jab i have been feeling nauseous and that horrible empty feeling like you are starving hungry but you are not and when you eat you feel nauseous or bloated. I have had digestive issues for years but not as bad as this. I have been prescribed omeprazole by my GP but i dont like taking meds because of the side effects :( I had a horrible indigestion pain through me last night so painful i took rennies and paracetamol and drank hot water, i was awake until gone midnight.. I have had this in the past but only very occasionally. Can anyone advise please?

I am wondering if it is the vaccine or if i have something else going on with my digestive system, just not keen on meds as apparently your magnesium levels can drop with this medication and this can cause heart palpitations which is another issue of mine..

Thank you for you time i appreciate it so much.

Speranza
07-07-21, 09:22
Sounds to me as if your anxiety about the jab is affecting your digestive system. Especially as you've had this for years 'but not this bad'. Keep an eye on it but factor in that it's kind of normal for you. Maybe keep a diary, scale of pain/discomfort, frequency of loo trips etc.

And find a breathing video and do that until you manage not to think about it. xx

sammiej123
07-07-21, 10:21
Thank you for taking the time to respond... It could be who knows, anxiety is such a demon. I am worried about taking the meds though Omeprazole as dont want further anxiety around side effects :(

JulieJay92
07-07-21, 11:43
ive suffered anxiety since 1998 and been on omeprazole since 2013 and i also take a magnesium supplement as i do have low magnesium , ask to change to lanzsoprazole which i changed to this year and yes i still take the mag supp but my magnesium has risen and stabilised with this, no other side effects and saves me a fortune on gaviscon, 1 daily in the morning but if needed you can take a 2nd one x

sammiej123
08-07-21, 08:42
HI Julie. How did you find out your magnesium was low? I have wondered about this with me as i get heart palpitations and i know low magnesium can exacerbate this. Is there any difference between lansoprazole and Omeprazole which is what i have been prescribed? Thank you for responding i really appreciate it :)

Iwant2bhealthy
08-07-21, 18:24
I switched from omeprazole to Metamucil, and it turns out it's much better for my GERD.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

JulieJay92
08-07-21, 19:34
ive suffered anxiety since 1998 and been on omeprazole since 2013 and i also take a magnesium supplement as i do have low magnesium , ask to change to lanzsoprazole which i changed to this year and yes i still take the mag supp but my magnesium has risen and stabilised with this, no other side effects and saves me a fortune on gaviscon, 1 daily in the morning but if needed you can take a 2nd one x

the difference is they are both likely to lower magnesium but lanzoprazole less so, i get my magnesium measured for last 7 years due to IBS-D but it hasnt went any lower so to speak since on either of these meds