PDA

View Full Version : Apple Watch series 6 - heart rate spikes

Mrsriley79
07-07-21, 17:43
I have an Apple Watch and I’ve noticed the heart rate monitor spikes my heart rate for a second.
Does anyone else have a Apple Watch with HR monitor to say if there’s gets random spikes or not?

I can be sat still and my heart rate will be 69 for example and then it will spike up to 170 and straight back to 69-70 etc…

so if you have an Apple Watch could you let me know if it’s a bug or not because it’s quite worrying

sarah

pulisa
07-07-21, 17:48
I'm thankful I don't have an Apple Watch..Ghastly for HA

WorryRaptor
07-07-21, 19:06
I have an Apple Watch and I’ve noticed the heart rate monitor spikes my heart rate for a second.
Does anyone else have a Apple Watch with HR monitor to say if there’s gets random spikes or not?

I can be sat still and my heart rate will be 69 for example and then it will spike up to 170 and straight back to 69-70 etc…

so if you have an Apple Watch could you let me know if it’s a bug or not because it’s quite worrying

sarah

Yep, mine has done that a few times and sent me into a tailspin of panic. Mine has gone from 80 -190+ and then back down to 80 again. It's always only one reading that is elevated.

I read that it can come from an ill fitting watch or dirty sensor. Even sweat and hair can throw it off sometimes. Make sure the sensor on the back is clean and dry, and try to secure your watch strap firmly, about an inch and a half up your arm away from the wrist bone. Mine was sitting loosely and near my wristbone and I'd get all kinds of weird readings. One time I was cooking in the kitchen and I looked at my recent reading and it was 198!

Once I made the fit more snug, and further up my arm, no more weird spikes or crazy dips. Try it out :) I also found wearing the sport loop style strap helped instead of any firmer ones like leather/faux leather etc as it allows for a more tailored fit.

If it continues after that, get it checked out just to be sure, but its 99.9% likely that the watch is being funny.

Mrsriley79
07-07-21, 19:32
Yep, mine has done that a few times and sent me into a tailspin of panic. Mine has gone from 80 -190+ and then back down to 80 again. It's always only one reading that is elevated.

I read that it can come from an ill fitting watch or dirty sensor. Even sweat and hair can throw it off sometimes. Make sure the sensor on the back is clean and dry, and try to secure your watch strap firmly, about an inch and a half up your arm away from the wrist bone. Mine was sitting loosely and near my wristbone and I'd get all kinds of weird readings. One time I was cooking in the kitchen and I looked at my recent reading and it was 198!

Once I made the fit more snug, and further up my arm, no more weird spikes or crazy dips. Try it out :) I also found wearing the sport loop style strap helped instead of any firmer ones like leather/faux leather etc as it allows for a more tailored fit.

If it continues after that, get it checked out just to be sure, but its 99.9% likely that the watch is being funny.

Thankyou for your reply, I will check the sensor, and I’ve already moved it further up my arm xx

sarah xx

NoraB
08-07-21, 08:28

sarah

Do yourself a favour and take it off, bin it, sell it - do anything except wear it. It will only make your health anxiety worse Mrs R.

Mrsriley79
08-07-21, 10:44
Do yourself a favour and take it off, bin it, sell it - do anything except wear it. It will only make your health anxiety worse Mrs R.

I will always respect your opinion NoraB. You’re one person who I feel trust in!! Thankyou x

NoraB
08-07-21, 11:20
I will always respect your opinion NoraB. You’re one person who I feel trust in!! Thankyou x

This means a lot to me Mrs R. Thank you. X

pulisa
08-07-21, 13:55
Honestly, Mrs R ..help yourself and your HA by "losing" the watch? You really don't want it spiking your already fragile mental health and it's something you can actively do to challenge your HA.