PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Pfizer and Moderna

anxious_thoughts
07-07-21, 18:45
I got my first Pfizer vaccine back at the end of May. I was so anxious but honestly the side effects weren’t bad at all.

I am now eligible to get my second vaccine but where I got my first shot now only offers Moderna. I’m a little nervous to mix the two together and I also heard that Moderna has more vaccine that goes into your body unlike the Pfizer one that is less but just as effective. Not sure if I should wait until I’m offered Pfizer or just get my second vaccine over with.

AntsyVee
07-07-21, 18:53
The ultimate person for you to ask is your doctor, as they know your medical history. But there have been reports of a lot of people who have mixed, and no adverse side effects have occurred.

EKB
14-07-21, 12:09
I know a lot of people who’ve mixed Pfizer and Moderna and had no issues. They really are so similar.

I had first dose AZ (April) and second dose Moderna (yesterday) and while I am having some aches and fever and whatnot, it’s mild.

The public health guidance in Canada is generally still to get the first shot available… but bring up any concerns you might have with your doc. They know you, and they are happy to have those types of conversations.