PDA

View Full Version : Physical Symptoms of Anxiety

joby130
07-07-21, 20:24
I just want to offer some encouragement to everyone who is suffering from anxiety. I have been reading accounts here of the physical symptoms of anxiety that cause so much distress. I think it is very hard to accept that some of the symptoms we experience are down to anxiety. Dizziness – it must be a brain tumour, upset stomach must be bowel cancer, and so on – we’ve all been there…But there IS a direct correlation between my state of anxiety and the physical symptoms I experience. Anxiety is so powerful, and the symptoms are so really, but once the anxiety is lessened then so do the symptoms. I have been struggling with health anxiety for a long time now and it has been particularly bad over the last 18 months or so. I am lucky that I have been able to see a psychologist, but I think it’s taken me over a year to begin to understand the process to start to recover. My psychologist’s approach is ACT – Action and Commitment Therapy. There are videos on YouTube which might help someone.

Gizmo1946
08-07-21, 12:02
Yes i agree joby with H/A every little thing we feel has to be serious and it drives us mad.If you read the old thread from 14 years ago it more or less explains what you are saying.It is a great thread and there were lots of replies the thread is [no more panic thread 16357].Yes there is a correlation between anxiety and physical symptoms ,not only that but mental symptoms too.Extreme fear and dread and over thinking,follow us every day.We simply cannot accept uncertainty in our lives and we must learn to accept it,or we keep going to the doctors or A/E.
Thanks for the post joby gizmo.