PDA

View Full Version : Stroke or anxiety

icantbestill81
08-07-21, 14:41
Would I know if I were having a stroke? I've been dizzy for days, my BP is high on my home cuff, and my vision feels off.
I can raise my arms above my head, I can balance, touch my nose, etc. I'm so scared Im going to die.

icantbestill81
08-07-21, 16:18
Just googled and i have a burst blood vessel in my eye that's been there for awhile and says could be an impending stroke. I'm terrified, please help.

NotDeadYet
08-07-21, 18:16
Outside of these symptoms, is there something in your it’s causing you anxiety and worry?

Kuraimoar
08-07-21, 20:32
I burst a blood vessel in my eye several years ago. Haven't had a stroke. Sometimes that just happens. I don't think you would have symptoms leading up to a stroke for days.

icantbestill81
08-07-21, 22:36
I burst a blood vessel in my eye several years ago. Haven't had a stroke. Sometimes that just happens. I don't think you would have symptoms leading up to a stroke for days.

This has been awhile. can they last that long?

icantbestill81
08-07-21, 22:37
I feel like there must be something wrong with me

Fishmanpa
09-07-21, 02:06
I feel like there must be something wrong with me

Sadly there is..... HA :shades:

FMP

Kuraimoar
09-07-21, 03:48
Mine took a couple weeks to clear up completely

NoraB
09-07-21, 08:26
Would I know if I were having a stroke? I've been dizzy for days, my BP is high on my home cuff, and my vision feels off.
I can raise my arms above my head, I can balance, touch my nose, etc. I'm so scared Im going to die.

Unless you've been asked to monitor your BP by a doctor, throw it in the bin or give it away. People with HA should not be using home monitors. It just feeds into the anxiety, and results are too open to misinterpretation..

My brother had a stroke. He didn't die. He's very much still alive and fully functioning..

My niece had a stroke too. Very much alive almost 20 years later.. :shrug:

I don't think you're having a stroke, but I hope this challenges your stroke=death presumption?

Mrsriley79
09-07-21, 09:24

FMP

fmp and NoraB I’m so great full to you (I know this isn’t my post!)

icantbestill81
09-07-21, 13:53

FMP
You're spot on.

icantbestill81
09-07-21, 13:55
This has been here for months but I also have severe allergies and keep rubbing my eyeball Eye melanoma, maybe?

icantbestill81
09-07-21, 13:57
Unless you've been asked to monitor your BP by a doctor, throw it in the bin or give it away. People with HA should not be using home monitors. It just feeds into the anxiety, and results are too open to misinterpretation..

My brother had a stroke. He didn't die. He's very much still alive and fully functioning..

My niece had a stroke too. Very much alive almost 20 years later.. :shrug:

I don't think you're having a stroke, but I hope this challenges your stroke=death presumption?

Thank you I appreciate it. Can you have a panic attack last for days? I think it's just one repeated attack after another. It's awful.

NoraB
10-07-21, 06:59
This has been here for months but I also have severe allergies and keep rubbing my eyeball Eye melanoma, maybe?

Melanoma? Why would you think that?

You have allergies. Is hayfever one of them?

NoraB
10-07-21, 07:08
Thank you I appreciate it. Can you have a panic attack last for days? I think it's just one repeated attack after another. It's awful.

No. A panic attacks can't last for days. The attack itself will only last for about 10 minutes. Some less, others a bit more. It's the symptoms which last longer and that's due to the level of stress hormones in your system etc. It might feel like one big panic attack, but it's not.

I have nocturnal panic attacks (a lot less frequently than I used to) and if I don't get up and move about to discharge the adrenalin etc - I will have subsequent attacks throughout the night but in between there will be a lull where I'm able to doze off. It's all to do with stress hormones, and I'm not adding fear to the mix as that makes things a LOT worse.

icantbestill81
11-07-21, 15:56
Thank you Nora. I appreciate it.

icantbestill81
11-07-21, 15:57
Melanoma? Why would you think that?

You have allergies. Is hayfever one of them?

I don't think so, as far as I know but I'm allergic to eveything. And I was bad...I googled. :(

Fishmanpa
11-07-21, 16:13
I'm allergic to eveything.

When I was a kid, I was always getting sick with sinus infections and such. Turned out I was pretty much allergic to everything. I remember going to the hospital for a couple days while they did all sorts of tests to determine what I was allergic to. They did scratch tests and I think I must have had 50 needles where they put a small bubble of liquid on my arms. Looked like I had blisters! Anyway, from the results they put together allergy shots which I got for a couple of years to help me build resistance.

These days, it's just hayfever/pollen like many others. We take an OTC allergy pill and have a spray if we need it. Other than that, yeah... allergies can be miserable at times.

FMP

Careful1
11-07-21, 22:40
When I was a kid, I was always getting sick with sinus infections and such. Turned out I was pretty much allergic to everything. I remember going to the hospital for a couple days while they did all sorts of tests to determine what I was allergic to. They did scratch tests and I think I must have had 50 needles where they put a small bubble of liquid on my arms. Looked like I had blisters! Anyway, from the results they put together allergy shots which I got for a couple of years to help me build resistance.

These days, it's just hayfever/pollen like many others. We take an OTC allergy pill and have a spray if we need it. Other than that, yeah... allergies can be miserable at times.

FMP

Sounds like my mom and her allergy testing, literally allergic to almost everything. She did the allergy shots too. She still has terrible allergies but takes the pills and nasal spray like you and your wife.