PDA

View Full Version : OCD and anxiety raging - now it is my lips.

Lana
12-07-21, 22:48
So, in a corner of my lower lip I had couple of dark spots ( looks like blood dots, tiny bruises), and my lip also burned in one spot. Then I googled it and , among some normal things, they show something called ACTINIC CHELIOSIS , which is precancerous state of the mostly lower lip. I have not stopped staring at my lip for two days now, looking at it from all corners, under natural light, with a magnifying mirror....Eventually today afternoon I was completely overwhelmed with terror, although I do not have main characteristics of the damned thing, and the burning spot does not burn any more, since I was putting medicated balm. But my lower lip also has been looking little different in shape ( I noticed it before), but I thought it is my aging.

So tomorrow morning to my dentist, and next week to the dermatologist for a complete check up. The mind just keep on ruminating about the same thing over and over again, and I am completely exhausted . If anybody have a piece of advice, and thanks for reading.

Careful1
13-07-21, 00:45
My advice would be to stop googling for a diagnosis. You could Google bruise on arm and websites are gonna pop up saying “bruising can be a sign of X type of cancer” when you know the most common cause for a bruise is that you hurt yourself.