PDA

View Full Version : Sciatica

Noworryjonny
14-07-21, 10:50
Hey guys I struggle with sciatica now and again and this time I have a really bad flare up!

I’ve had it for about 4/5 days now is there any tips somebody could give me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrLurcher
14-07-21, 12:43
Hey guys I struggle with sciatica now and again and this time I have a really bad flare up!

I’ve had it for about 4/5 days now is there any tips somebody could give me

I think I recently had a bought, well either that or I pulled my hamstring.

I tend to do some back and leg stretches, mainly:

Lie on the floor, lift your knees your chest, hold for 20 seconds. Then do them individual, do around 4/5 sets.

Sit on the floor with your legs straight in front of you and try and touch your toes with your hands.

Lying on your back again, but this time bring one knee up and cross it over the other leg - so your body twists a bit.

There are probably videos on youtube which explain better than this! But I find these help.

Noworryjonny
14-07-21, 12:45
Thanks for this! How long did you have it for?

MrLurcher
14-07-21, 12:53
Thanks for this! How long did you have it for?

This bought lasted a few weeks, I think that's how long it lasted last time as well.

I find walking and exercising helps as well.

My leg was quite tight and sore before the weekend, but I had a 20 mile charity hike. By the end my leg actually felt better, although I was sore in other parts!

nomorepanic
14-07-21, 16:10
I am on week 8 or more of it and it is really getting me down.

The doctor gave me some really strong codeine which I daren't take and I got referred for physio but only got a telephone appointment on the 19th.

I will find a link to some exercises the doc sent me and post that for you.

Driving is the worst - absolute agony.

nomorepanic
14-07-21, 16:14
Here you go....

https://www.circlehealth.co.uk/integratedcare/msk/lower-back-pain-nerve-root-pain/