PDA

View Full Version : Pulmonary hypertension?

Stephenie.welch
15-07-21, 02:01
https://youtu.be/ULzVWP-7PEA

Please watch my video it’s in that link above.
They can’t all three be wrong and my oxygen is really in the 80s and it’s not telling me right? I’m so scared I may have Pulmonary hypertension. I have extreme health anxiety lately.I went to urgent care the other night for my anxiety and when I got to the room to check my oxygen and heart rate My oxygen said 84% and heart rate was 77 bpm, yet I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest with anxiety do you think the oxygen reading was false? It jumpedto 99% VERY quick I know for a fact the pulse was wrong so was the oxygen?!

Stephenie.welch
15-07-21, 04:08
Please ;(

Careful1
15-07-21, 04:22
It’s not unusual for a pulse ox meter to take a couple seconds to give an accurate reading.

Fishmanpa
15-07-21, 12:11
Ditch the watch :lac:

FMP

Stephenie.welch
15-07-21, 17:54
But why not start at, like, 94 or 92 and go up why on the 80s!!? ������ I don’t get how it can be normal on all three of my pulse ox at home but say that on a medical grade device.

Catkins
15-07-21, 19:10
It takes a few moments to get an accurate reading.

Stephenie.welch
15-07-21, 21:47
Hey fish. I wasn’t using the watch just the regular pulse oximeters. The one from Walgreens was freaking 45 bucks. I’d hope it was a little accurate at least.

nomorepanic
15-07-21, 23:32
Ask a doctor

bin tenn
16-07-21, 23:48
Oxygen saturation most likely wouldn't jump around so quickly while using a pulse oximeter. 84% to 99% that quickly definitely says it took a few seconds to get an accurate reading, as others said. It can't "start at 90-something". The initial / inaccurate 84% was indeed "accurate" given the data available at that moment, but when supplied with more complete data you got a correct reading.

Why are you monitoring it at home anyhow? Do you have a medical condition that warrants self checking? Did a doctor recommend it? If not, it's a complete waste of time and money and it'll only drive your anxiety.

I agree, see a doctor if you're concerned that your oxygen levels may be low.