PDA

View Full Version : ALS or Somatization

Dcf93
15-07-21, 21:16
Hi all,

This is my first time posting here, I have had horrible health anxiety for about 10 years. Last December I read an article about ALS and its associated symptoms and like clock work I started to develop the symptoms I had read about. Shortness of breath, muscle twitching everywhere, issues with my voice(nasal, weak tight) and In March I started to have horrible trouble swallowing on my left side and the perception of food going up my nose(developed this after reading about it) I have seen at least 6 doctors since February who have not found anything wrong accept for some vocal chord irritation(most likely from reflux) last Monday I finally got to see a couple of neurologists who gave me a half hour long neurological exam and found NOTHING!!l reflexes were perfect no tongue atrophy, balance was good, no body atrophy or clinical weakness. Cranial nerves in mouth looked normal too. Both doctors agreed that this was mostly likely anxiety and felt no need to purse further testing.

My question for everyone here is can anxiety really give me all these specific symptoms, or is it possible the doctors missed something. I am 27 years old and have no family history of neurological disease, it’s just so hard to believe that this could all be mental. Not the first time this has happened to be honest, have had similar symptoms of different diseases with nothing physically wrong :/

Fishmanpa
16-07-21, 01:06
My question for everyone here is can anxiety really give me all these specific symptoms

Absolutely! (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms)

FMP