PDA

View Full Version : Behind knee ache/pain when walking -acupuncture side effect?

nhelen79
16-07-21, 22:02
I keep on having one thing after another.
So I’m having chronic neck and shoulder pain issue. I tried acupuncture for the first time yesterday. He also put in subdermal needles around my shoulder/neck base and some beads taped to my left ear.

He diagnosed me with muscular issue and indigestion because when he pressed around different points on my left leg and under my left foot, I felt pain.

Anyway in the past 24hrs my shoulder and neck pain decreased significantly. I didn’t need heat pad. I felt more fluid turning my head to the left. Good signs.

Then this morning after a short drive home from an errand, when I walk, I feel soreness/ache sensation behind my left knee. If I sit still, stand still, or lay down, pressing behind my knee I don’t feel anything. The sensation only happens with movement. No redness warmness or swelling.

So now I’m at a lost. I’m hoping because he manipulates points on my left side more, the soreness behind the left knee is a side effect of that and nothing else. I’m not googling and won’t think too much. I’ll give it this weekend to see how it goes.

I had the same sensation behind knee a few years before and it went away. I didn’t pay attention. However I didn’t have acupuncture at that time neither.

Anyone experience pain moving to different points after acupuncture? I know nothing about acupuncture and I went into it without expecting much.

Thanks