PDA

View Full Version : HA back with a vengenance - can’t stop crying

SamanthaAU
18-07-21, 07:54
Hi all

I haven’t needed this forum for years.

However I felt a little dizzy at work the other day and got myself into a panic - went to the chemist later that day and it was up like 160/90

Booked in for a GP visit next day and it was up that high again, second manual reading was down a bit. Send me for some blood tests. My pulse was about 112.

I went to emergency that night cause I’d gotten myself into a panic and my pulse was still up. They did an ecg and blood tests to rule anything out. Blood pressure up and down and pulse consistently around 110.

My mouth is dry, I have had a headache for days, I went back to emergency this afternoon and they have sent me back home to see my dr.

I have been anemic before but it doesn’t show up clearly on my tests as I have inflammatory markers that hide it. My gp forgot to test my iron levels and I can’t get back to see her until Friday next week.

I can’t stop crying I’m so worried. Please I don’t want to feel this way again.

NoraB
18-07-21, 09:31
Hi all

I haven’t needed this forum for years.

However I felt a little dizzy at work the other day and got myself into a panic - went to the chemist later that day and it was up like 160/90

Booked in for a GP visit next day and it was up that high again, second manual reading was down a bit. Send me for some blood tests. My pulse was about 112.

I went to emergency that night cause I’d gotten myself into a panic and my pulse was still up. They did an ecg and blood tests to rule anything out. Blood pressure up and down and pulse consistently around 110.

My mouth is dry, I have had a headache for days, I went back to emergency this afternoon and they have sent me back home to see my dr.

I have been anemic before but it doesn’t show up clearly on my tests as I have inflammatory markers that hide it. My gp forgot to test my iron levels and I can’t get back to see her until Friday next week.

I can’t stop crying I’m so worried. Please I don’t want to feel this way again.

Firstly, I've been here - many times, so I understand..You felt dizzy - which may or may not be down to anaemia (I have lots of dizzy spells, but I'm not anaemic) but because of the way you immediately responded to the dizziness (with fear/panic) the body then released stress hormones, including adrenalin/ cortisol etc so it's perfectly logical for your BP to be up. Then, having HA means that you will respond fearfully to a higher than normal (for you) BP - and the cycle goes on with your body constantly firing out those stress hormones..

The docs at ER sent you home. They will have no doubt ran the tests on your heart and seen that it's working as it should, albeit fast - which is to be expected with panic.

It's possible that you're anaemic, if that's a thing with you, and these symptoms would fit, but it's not the end of the world is it?

You can choose to try and calm yourself down until you can get your iron levels tested or you can carry on making yourself much worse..

Respectfully, the reason you feel this way now is because you haven't successfully controlled the HA. When you have done so, you will get symptoms like this and you'll acknowledge them, but not react in panic like you are doing now..

SamanthaAU
18-07-21, 23:45
Thank you for your words of logic NoraB

I have been on lexapro for years and my HA I thought was under control. Clearly not :(

Fishmanpa
19-07-21, 00:10
I see based on your post history it really has been years since you posted a thread. Over 4 to be more exact. That's a huge accomplishment and you should take that to heart and be proud of that. Frankly, what you describe sounds like a bit more like a panic/anxiety attack and frankly just a blip in the big scheme of things. You'll be fine. In the mean time perhaps a chat with your doctor about your meds may be in order as well as the bloodwork to see if there's a vitamin deficiency of some sort. Sometimes, as has happened to my daughter several times, meds can crap out on you or you may need a dosage adjustment. In the mean time, don't beat yourself up over this. You've done great from what I read.

Positive thoughts

SamanthaAU
19-07-21, 05:04
Thank you so much Fishmanpa, I appreciate your reply.

Weirdest thing ever at the moment, I can't stop telling the people that I love that I love them. And then I want to cry, or do cry. This HA is so hard on the ones we love isn't it.

NoraB
19-07-21, 09:52
Thank you for your words of logic NoraB

I have been on lexapro for years and my HA I thought was under control. Clearly not :(

Ok, so there is HA being 'under control' via medication but that just deals with the anxiety symptoms - not the trigger or the thinking that caused you to develop the disorder. You get me?

HA is like a dandelion weed. You can spray it will all sorts but unless you sort the root out, it will keep coming back..

SamanthaAU
19-07-21, 10:20
Yes I’m beginning to realise quickly that I’ve just put a band aid on it.

I’m actually wondering if I’m heading for a breakdown to be honest, I’ve never been this sad. Literally spent the lst two days crying.

My mum has been ill in hospital for 3 weeks now, everytime I think, talk about or to talk to her I start crying uncontrollably. My 84 year old father is home alone and my husband and I work full time, we have three young preteen/teens. My husband had a biopsy on his neck last week we are waiting results, my daughter has had to change schools a month ago because of bullying and she has just torn her ACL. I’m so overwhelmed and the thought of losing my mum send me out of control (she is only 66) and then my Health worries.

So sorry to have blurted all that out, I desperately hope I can get to see my doctor tomorrow (it’s 7.20pm now in Australia) but I worry if I can’t how I’m going to cope til I see her.

Thanks for listening friends.

Kuraimoar
19-07-21, 23:08
Sounds like you are going through a very stressful time. No wonder your HA is flaring up. Sorry you hear about your mom and daughter and I hope your husbands biopsy comes back clean. My mom is having health issues too so I understand completely how devastating it can be. Don't get down on yourself though. You've done great, don't let this take you back to square one. If you ever need to talk or vent to someone feel free to send me a pm.

SamanthaAU
20-07-21, 00:04
Thank you for your kind offer xxx

I agree, when I wrote it all out like that it’s a lot going on for anyone, especially someone with HA.

sel123
20-07-21, 04:43
Just reading your note and also want to say to be kind to yourself. You have a lot going on and even people that don’t have anxiety would be overwhelmed. I would call your drs office and let them know what you have going on and then tell them that waiting is causing you more anxiety. Hope you get in tomorrow!

SamanthaAU
20-07-21, 05:03
Thank you all so much for your support and kindness.

I have gotten in to see her, she has increased my BP meds as my BP has been a little high for a while now, and has done an iron study test.

I do have a lot going on and this has taught me that I need to look after myself before I can look after anyone else. I haven’t been doing that and it’s all come crashing down now. I will also try to get onto a counsellor so talk through things but just talking to my GP has made me feel better.

Thank you all xxx

Catkins
20-07-21, 17:10
I think a lot of us can be guilty of putting others before ourselves at times. I know I can - I'm working hard on it with a counsellor. Be kind to yourself.