PDA

View Full Version : stomach ache and nausea - scared of appendicitis

wasdhu
20-07-21, 18:58
I try to not look up symptoms of things if I can help it which meant for a long time I thought appendicitis was just a sudden and horrible pain in your stomach. I recently found out it can also just feel like a stomach ache and it makes you nauseaous.

After I ate today I started getting stomach cramps and feeling nauseous. My first thought was appendicitis. I'm slightly starting to panic, which is making the pain worse.

Focusing on the pain is making it feel like it's getting worse. I'm trying not to think about it but I have a big fear of getting appendicitis so it's more difficult for me than usual

FamilyPicnic
20-07-21, 19:22
Hi wasdhu - I had appendicitis many years ago. It didn't feel like a stomach ache and being nauseous. It was painful in my lower right quadrant, a different kind of pain than I have ever had. I also had a fever. There are a couple self tests you can do. Stomping on your right foot is very painful with appendicitis. Also lifting your right knee up, fast, to your chin, is very painful. Both of these are nausea producing but I don't remember having a lot of nausea other than when something like this was done that intensified the pain. I hope you feel better soon. It really doesn't sound like appendicitis to me.

wasdhu
20-07-21, 20:36
Hi wasdhu - I had appendicitis many years ago. It didn't feel like a stomach ache and being nauseous. It was painful in my lower right quadrant, a different kind of pain than I have ever had. I also had a fever. There are a couple self tests you can do. Stomping on your right foot is very painful with appendicitis. Also lifting your right knee up, fast, to your chin, is very painful. Both of these are nausea producing but I don't remember having a lot of nausea other than when something like this was done that intensified the pain. I hope you feel better soon. It really doesn't sound like appendicitis to me.

Thank you, that helps a lot, it's been two hours since then and while I generally still feel a bit crap, the discomfort has gone down so I'm hoping I'm okay