PDA

View Full Version : Coughed up blood, lung cancer worries

Mostu
21-07-21, 10:06
I'm a 25 years old man. I had some kind of an infection since 4 days, mostly runny nose, scratchy throat and some dry cough. Due to blowing my nose it started bleeding quite easily since 2 days. Today when I woke up, I felt a lot of gunk in my throat so I coughed to get it out, and I spat out a blob of blood, kinda like a clot. I dont know if pictures are allowed here but I took one and it looked like this: https://imgur.com/a/Jq4MJg2. Obviously I'm freaking out. I had a bronchoscopy and a chest CT 1.5 years ago and they were clear so this kinda puts my mind at ease, because why would lung cancer develop in a 25 year old non smoker, 1.5 years after two the most sensitive tests were clear? I'm trying to convince myself that I probably had a nosebleed at night, it went down my throat and I coughed it up in the morning, but at the same time I'm petrified. I already had one cancer and thats enough for me.

Fishmanpa
21-07-21, 12:03
You had a nose bleed. You also apparently had some post nasal drip thus coughing up a glob of bloody mucousy snot :winks:

FMP

Catkins
21-07-21, 17:38
I agree.

Mostu
22-07-21, 06:57
A little update if anyone ever finds this thread. I woke up the next day and blew my nose, and the same thing came out, almost identical blood clot embedded in mucus. Makes me feel a lot of better because now I'm 99% sure that yesterday I coughed out the clot from my nose and not lungs. Thanks for reassurance guys