PDA

View Full Version : Need more advice about possible bat contact

dmc1892
03-08-21, 00:26
Hi,

Tonight as I walked home I felt a brush passed my right calf and seen a bat flying around me in circles, I felt no sharp bite or scratch but some form of light contact.

I washed the area as soon as I got in , I eventually phoned nhs24 and they said it should be fine and I should keep an eye on any changes.

Would anyone have just went straight to a and e for a jab? I can’t get it out my head now .

NoraB
03-08-21, 09:15
Is there any actual visible evidence of this contact?

Mind you..

I once TOTALLY convinced myself I'd run someone over despite the lack of evidence - like a body. :unsure:

jojo2316
03-08-21, 11:55
Wait- are you worried about rabies?

dmc1892
03-08-21, 17:47
Is there any actual visible evidence of this contact?

Mind you..

I once TOTALLY convinced myself I'd run someone over despite the lack of evidence - like a body. :unsure:

There’s no evidence of a bite or scratch I just know it’s brushed my leg while flying about . I was just more concerned about that sort of contact with the bat .

dmc1892
03-08-21, 17:48
Wait- are you worried about rabies?
No I’m more concerned about the EBLV which is the European variant which I know is still rare

Fishmanpa
04-08-21, 11:51
There’s no evidence of a bite or scratch I just know it’s brushed my leg while flying about .

That's not what you said....

"Tonight as I walked home I felt a brush passed my right calf and seen a bat flying around me in circles, I felt no sharp bite or scratch but some form of light contact."

You felt something then saw a bat flying about. It's your mind that is creating the false narratives and scenarios.

FMP

meltedchic
04-08-21, 11:59
Are your feeling sick or are there symptoms that are not normal like weakness and fatigue?
Anyway, just consult your Doctor because you can have rabies from a bat bite or scratch.

Fishmanpa
04-08-21, 12:06
Anyway, just consult your Doctor because you can have rabies from a bat bite or scratch.

There are no such things as invisible bat bites and the UK has been rabies free since the beginning of the 20th century. No need to see a doctor.

FMP

dmc1892
05-08-21, 22:43
That's not what you said....

"Tonight as I walked home I felt a brush passed my right calf and seen a bat flying around me in circles, I felt no sharp bite or scratch but some form of light contact."

You felt something then saw a bat flying about. It's your mind that is creating the false narratives and scenarios.

FMP

Well I did feel something touch my leg then a bat extremely close to me , in my area the fly around the lights in the street relatively low. I don’t think I imagined the contact.

dmc1892
05-08-21, 22:44
There are no such things as invisible bat bites and the UK has been rabies free since the beginning of the 20th century. No need to see a doctor.

FMP

That’s correct but we have a slightly different variant that is still very rare

.Poppy.
12-08-21, 16:05
You may not have imagined the contact but contact is not a bite. You absolutely would have felt a bite - I can feel when mosquitoes bite me and they are tiny - a bat would be much more significant.