PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety is bad

Sweetie88
07-08-21, 11:00
Hello. I’ve suffered from health anxiety since I was quite young. I’ve had therapy and that to help me with it. I’ve managed it quite well over the years but since the pandemic I’ve spiralled down and I’m convincing myself daily I have covid. I test regularly and I have never tested positive. I even got an antibody test which is also negative. Find it so bizarre as my partner had it and I didn’t even know we kissed snd shared same bed etc. I now have physical symptoms because of worrying so much. I have not had the vaccine yet as I am prone to blood clots and want to hold out for a better vaccine. But I’m in limbo here because I really want the vaccine but I’m so scared to get it at the moment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

wasdhu
07-08-21, 17:37
I think the only vaccine that caused a few blood clots was astrazenica and they pulled it out so you can't get it anymore. Moderna and pfizer are completely fine, it's much better to be vaccinated than not, especially if you have health anxiety. Getting the vaccine didn't ease my general worries but I feel less scared of dying every time I go outside lol. You can book a vaccine, show up, and pull out whenever you want to, they won't force you to take it at any point. I think it's worth booking one and trying to show up. Having someone be there for you will help too

AuntWithIssues87
07-08-21, 18:41
Have you spoken with your primary care physician about the vaccine? They should be able to advise you about whether or not to get it based on your age, history, etc.. Wishing you the best…health anxiety is tough to deal with on its own, but especially in this current time we are living in. After being okay for awhile, I have had a number of bouts with it recently.