PDA

View Full Version : Hip/side/back pain and pins/needles

Loz2704
09-08-21, 11:30
Hi everyone.

I'm doing all I can to not panic...and have booked a GP appt for today. I posted a little while ago about pins and needles in my knees and shins, which has now been ongoing for months (since april/may time). For the last week I have had absolutely awful pain in my right hip area, my right side and right lower back above my hip. As far as i know I haven't pulled anything and it doesn't feel like a muscular pain - it isn't only when I'm moving and it ranges from dull to searing. A year ago I had an ultrasound at the top of my thigh due to a large lump the Dr thought was a lipoma but the US didn't show anything. My right groin lymph nodes have been enlarged for months but I thought they just hadn't gone down after an insect bite on my ankle.

I'm now starting to worry in case it's something sinister as all these symptoms are adding up in my head. Obviously I'll see what the Dr says today but I'm so hoping she suggests a CT as I'd love to just put my mind to rest. Has anyone had anything similar please?? Any ideas what it could be or whether a CT may be offered? I work in a hospital treating patients with Radiotherapy so my mind is running off thinking of the amount of sarcomas etc I've treated in people my age😔

Thank you x

Rb93
09-08-21, 16:19
Hi, I am sure you are just over thinking it. This is what anxiety does to you. You could get a private ct or us scan to put your mind at ease quicker x

Loz2704
09-08-21, 18:05
Thank you for your kind reply! I think I was over thinking too...have calmed down quite a bit now haha. The GP is referring me to a musculoskeletal clinic for an assessment as she thinks it's all related to an issue with my back. Hoping it's something simple and sorted soon 😊 x