PDA

View Full Version : Needing some encouragement

Careful1
10-08-21, 06:20
So I really really want to get the vaccine, every day I say I’m gonna go get it and the day passes by without me going because my anxiety convinces me not to go 😟
Thing is I really do need to get it as I live in Florida and the virus is out of control here. It’s like almost everyone I know has it right now and I’m afraid I’m gonna get it.
I have decided to go in the morning but I fear that I won’t follow through.

elizabethalice
10-08-21, 07:30
Hello,

What is it you're scared of?

I'm 28 and had covid in January. It was absolutely horrible. I only had a mild case, but it went on for weeks and I had to get my heart checked due to chest pains etc. All ok now luckily. My boyfriend is 30 and was much more unwell than me. He is ok now but it was very very scary. Neither of us have any underlying medical conditions.

We both got first dose of the vax in June. Because we have had covid, we did have a few mild side effects - mainly tiredness and achiness and my boyfriend had a fever. These were 100x better than how we felt when we had covid, they lasted a few days and by the end of the week we were back to usual activities (at the time we were hiking a lot). We have had the worst side effects of anyone I know, and I believe they were only because we had covid before.

I never ever ever want covid again (I am currently back in isolation as I've been in contact with a postive case and I feel so anxious about it), but I cannot WAIT to have my second jab (we have long gaps in the UK so I'll get mine when I'm out of isolation).

The vaccine is super safe. I know it can seem scary when you see vaccine deniers online, but their arguments are grounded in false logic. There are a tiny number of serious side effects of the vaccine - just like there are with any medication - but covid has so so many more possible serious health implications, even if you're young and healthy.

If you let me know what exactly it is you feel anxious about, I can try and debunk it for you :)

Catkins
10-08-21, 12:50
Honestly the relief of having had it far outweighed the thought of it for me.

You can do this!

Careful1
10-08-21, 14:14
I’m thinking it’s the possible side effects that worry me or the fact that I had never had the flu before to my knowledge and the one year I decided to get the vaccine cause they said it was a bad year I ended up getting it, never had the vaccine again and never had the flu again.

In late February of 2020 myself and my 6 year old got really sick. It was pretty bad maybe lasted a week or a tad over. I thought for the longest time it was probably COVID because I took my 6 year old to hospital and she had the starts of pneumonia but was negative for FLU A and B. We didn’t know anything about COVID being here at the time as it wasn’t until shortly after that they said it was here and things got crazy. Since I can’t recall having a cold like that before part of me thinks it was but only myself and my 6 year old were sick, my husband and other two adult children were fine so then part of me thinks it wasn’t cause they probably would have gotten sick too.

I do have medical problems, heart arrhythmia’s and also lung issues. I’m over weight and I’m struggling to quit smoking and so the thought of catching the virus terrify me.

I stay home for the most part with my youngest at the moment because things are so crazy. I will need the vaccine to eventually return to work as I work in a hospital. I worry that someone in my family is going to bring it home and infect me and my youngest. I have two adult children that work and go to college, my husband who is always on the go because he can’t sit still and I also have my mom and sister in law cause they lost their place and they are also out and about all day everyday. I don’t feel safe in my own home which is an extremely uncomfortable feeling. I do know both my mom and sister in law are fully vaccinated but I also know despite that being the case they can still become infected and pass along the virus.

Anyways, so I do think it’s maybe the possible side effects scaring me. I worry I will get the vaccine and then end up with the virus or that I will be one of the extremely unlucky ones that have one of the more serious side effects from the vaccine. This is horrible. I want the vaccine, I set out to get it but then I chicken out.

Pamplemousse
10-08-21, 16:34
Basically, what Catkins said in her post.

I'm also one of those people who has a target painted on their back for this virus: I'm in my 50s, weigh 270lbs, I'm type 2 diabetic and hypertensive. If I got it before I was vaccinated I have no doubt it would kill me. However, that's why I got vaccinated (Pfizer, in my case); sure, if I was unfortunate enough to catch it now I'd probably still be very sick indeed - but hopefully, it won't kill me.

The sole side effects I had were a bit of soreness at the injection site (who doesn't get that?), a bit of tiredness the first time and a little stiffness in the arm I was injected in the second time... and that was it.

A lot of noise is made about side effects but seriously, they make news because they are so rare.

We'll virtually hold your hand if you want us to but do try and get this done. Remember, we've had 'Delta' longer than you guys and the vaccination programme does seem to be working here - it'd be frightening to think what it'd be like if it had evaded the vaccines. These days I refer to the voluntarily-unvaccinated as "the control group".

elizabethalice
10-08-21, 17:02
Careful, for one if you get the vaccine and end up with the virus it will be much, much easier to deal with. From someone who had it before vaccines, trust me. So that shouldn't be a worry at all.

If you're worried about the side effects, know that the illness for me was 100x worse. It was horrible. I never want that virus again. The common side effects are easily manageable, but covid? It made my body feel so weird and was one of the most difficult things I've ever been through.

Yes, there are more serious side effects, but they are so so rare - like pamplemousse said, this is why they make the news! The good news is that drs are already very good at recognising and treating these, even though they are already so so rare.

However, the serious impacts of covid are unfortunately very common and theres a huge list of them!

If you're unvaccinated, you are at high risk for covid. I know which one I would prefer!

Catkins
10-08-21, 17:31
I don't know if I should say this it sounds very fatalistic. But, I thought long and hard about the vaccine prior to getting my first one in December. One of the things I thought about was the side effects - it was early days so lots of speculation.

I felt I had to get it as soon as possible, if there were side effects I was fully prepared to accept them. Why? Because of my son, he is 24. If there was a side effect I would rather have got it myself than him have it. I f I got a side effect they could iron out before he had it, great.

I'm 54, even with severe bouts of anxiety from time to time I have travelled all over the world I've visited some amazing places and seen wonderful things. I wanted my son to have the chance to have a life and do what I've done. Without a widespread roll out of a vaccine his chance of being able to do that was greatly reduced.

To be totally honest last year I would have willingly volunteered to be a Guinea pig. My need to protect others was so strong. My son, my mum, my husband and all the vulnerable patients that I see through work.

I don't know if that will help you decide, but thinking of my son swung it for me.

NancyW
10-08-21, 20:36
I was you exactly.
I had to work up the nerve to go. I went to a walk in, my good friend works at the pharmacy and she came with me and rubbed my shoulder while the pharmacist gave it to me. I was shocked how I did not feel the needle, how do they do that?

#1 Monday got the vaccine
Tuesday and Wednesday felt like sitting on the couch watching TV, stomach a little queezy.

#2 Monday got the vaccine.
Tuesday and Wednesday I felt a little worse than with #1 but not terrible.

By Wednesday evening both times I was fine.

I'm relieved its done, I think you will be too.

So much hype over all of this we're scared shitless to get it or not get it.

In the end, it was the right thing to do and I knew that.

Careful1
11-08-21, 00:50
I was you exactly.
I had to work up the nerve to go. I went to a walk in, my good friend works at the pharmacy and she came with me and rubbed my shoulder while the pharmacist gave it to me. I was shocked how I did not feel the needle, how do they do that?

#1 Monday got the vaccine
Tuesday and Wednesday felt like sitting on the couch watching TV, stomach a little queezy.

#2 Monday got the vaccine.
Tuesday and Wednesday I felt a little worse than with #1 but not terrible.

By Wednesday evening both times I was fine.

I'm relieved its done, I think you will be too.

So much hype over all of this we're scared shitless to get it or not get it.

In the end, it was the right thing to do and I knew that.

Which one did you get and thank you for sharing your experience.

NancyW
11-08-21, 03:53
Pfizer

You're welcome ox

Catkins
11-08-21, 13:25
How have you go on?

NancyW
11-08-21, 16:03
How have you go on?

Catkins are you asking me how I am doing now? If yes, I am fine, life as usual. I feel no different other than when I get a wave of anxiety/fear over covid I am able to calm myself remembering that I HAD covid and I am fully vaccinated. It really does instantly ease my mind.

Catkins
11-08-21, 17:26
I do like the sense of security I got from having it. It's a good feeling.

Careful1
11-08-21, 19:59
No, I haven’t got it yet. I had to make an appointment and it’s for 2marro morning

Catkins
11-08-21, 20:52
No, I haven’t got it yet. I had to make an appointment and it’s for 2marro morning

That's good news. I'll send positive thoughts your way.

NancyW
11-08-21, 21:04

Good job! Get it over with 🙂

Careful1
12-08-21, 01:04
I hope I don’t chicken out guys 🥴 I pray I can put my brave face on and get it done.

NancyW
12-08-21, 02:03
You can, I literally had to put one foot in front of the other and think only of that.

elizabethalice
12-08-21, 08:26
Just keep saying to yourself 'I'm protecting myself against covid'. Look at it as significantly reducing the chance that you will get ill, because that's what it is.

NancyW
13-08-21, 15:15
Careful1 how did you do? Please check in !

Careful1
16-08-21, 20:32
Sorry guys that I didn’t come back and update sooner, I had to reschedule because my husband and my daughter wanted to get it done and figured we should all just go at the same time.

We went yesterday around 6pm. It didn’t hurt, I didn’t feel it actually at all. My arm hurt an hour or so later and through the night but it’s better today. I don’t think I’m having any other side effects but it hasn’t been even 24 hours yet.

Catkins
16-08-21, 21:53
Well done! That's really good news 😁

elizabethalice
16-08-21, 22:11
Great to hear! My boyfriend just got his 2nd jab today, he was feverish for a few days with his first but he's said his second went much better! I think if you were going to feel rough you would have by now, so you should be fine! I've got my second tomorrow :)

Careful1
16-08-21, 22:56
I’m beating myself up now for letting the fear keep me from getting it because I can’t have the second shot for 28 days and things are really really bad here in Florida.

I had to bring by 7 year old to the ER on Saturday night. I went to 3 different hospitals and it was TERRIBLE. I have never seen the hospitals like they are right now. They were treating covid patients right there in the ER waiting room so we went home 😞

glassgirlw
17-08-21, 00:34
Careful, good for you for beating the anxiety and getting it done. I so wish others would also just get it, our hospitals in KS are filling up quick as well. Pretty scary to hear about. It’s just so crazy when the solution is available to literally everyone over 12 years of age (except for a very, very small population that can’t have it for medical reasons). It’s so frustrating that more people won’t take the vax.

anyway - proud of you!! Thank you for being part of the solution!!!

Lencoboy
17-08-21, 09:06
Careful, good for you for beating the anxiety and getting it done. I so wish others would also just get it, our hospitals in KS are filling up quick as well. Pretty scary to hear about. It’s just so crazy when the solution is available to literally everyone over 12 years of age (except for a very, very small population that can’t have it for medical reasons). It’s so frustrating that more people won’t take the vax.

anyway - proud of you!! Thank you for being part of the solution!!!

It's as if current waves of Covid in many countries are partly self-inflicted for the very reason of people without fully legit reasons not to deliberately refusing point blank to get jabbed.

And don't get me started on those here in the UK who have refused the jabs purely for 'political' reasons, saying they don't want to be 'slaves' to our govt.

Whilst I do agree that many of the policies of our govt do leave a lot to be desired, I do consider that particular reason for vaccine hesitancy rather pathetic and selfish.

Some said they would refuse the jabs for that reason regardless of who was in power in this country, simple rebellion against the authorities, me thinks.

elizabethalice
17-08-21, 13:03
And don't get me started on those here in the UK who have refused the jabs purely for 'political' reasons, saying they don't want to be 'slaves' to our govt.

The most ridiculous thing is people keep saying the gov is controlling us - compared to other countries, we've had such relaxed lockdowns and covid rules! Too relaxed imo although of course it is nice to have a bit of normality now.

I'm not a fan of the government at all, but they definitely aren't trying to control us. I cannot understand how anyone can logically think that 😂

Careful1, now you've had your first jab you will be protected from the worst of covid if you are exposed. Maybe keep a low profile for the next week or 2 if you can, and then you will have some antibodies. 28 days will come around quickly!

I've just had my second vax, all good!

Lencoboy
17-08-21, 16:08
The most ridiculous thing is people keep saying the gov is controlling us - compared to other countries, we've had such relaxed lockdowns and covid rules! Too relaxed imo although of course it is nice to have a bit of normality now.

I'm not a fan of the government at all, but they definitely aren't trying to control us. I cannot understand how anyone can logically think that 😂

Careful1, now you've had your first jab you will be protected from the worst of covid if you are exposed. Maybe keep a low profile for the next week or 2 if you can, and then you will have some antibodies. 28 days will come around quickly!

I've just had my second vax, all good!

Well done and congrats to you for getting your second jab!

Regarding these antivaxxers and their derision towards our current (Tory) govt and the belief that they're out to 'control' us, the irony is that many of them seem adamant that things would be even worse under Labour or the Lib Dems.

I bet many of those persons bemoaning the situation in this country would be having mega hissy fits if they were living in NZ right now, the entire nation is going into a full-on national lockdown over just 1 single case of Covid (albeit only for 3 days apart from Auckland, which will be a bit longer), whilst we're now more close to the old 'normal' for the first time probably since the first half of March 2020, our dashboard cases are averaging around 25-30k per day, which is most ironic.

But then direct comparisons between us and NZ are basically like comparing apples with oranges, especially as their population is extremely miniscule compared to ours, so their full national lockdown over a single case (their first since February) is probably more justifiable than would have been here, even though (from a UK perspective) it seems a bit excessive and OTT.

Having said that, NZ's rate of vaccine hesitancy is very high, very much like their neighbours in Australia, and less than 30% of NZ's population are currently jabbed, according to the article on the BBC News this morning, so kind of self-inflicted at the same time.

Sorry for hijacking this thread BTW.

Careful1
17-08-21, 19:46
There’s a lot of that going on here too unfortunately 🥴 lots of conspiracy theories like the government is trying to kill us via the vaccine etc it’s kinda crazy and incredibly sad. I didn’t put off getting the vaccine because I thought the government was trying to kill us and I am not anti vaccine, I just honestly don’t like taking medications, I freak out getting an MRI contrast injection even and will avoid it when it’s not absolutely necessary. I wanted the vaccine since it was made available I just was extremely anxious about any serious side effects even though I know they are extremely rare and so I can understand and relate to others hesitation if this is the reason as I dealt with it too but all the other reasons people have given I just can’t wrap my mind around it.
I had to ask myself which was the lesser of two evils. I have heart arrhythmia’s and I have lung problems in addition to neurological problems. I feared if I contracted the virus I would die. I can’t even walk up a flight of stairs without being able to catch my breath. I do think myself and my 7 year old may have had the virus lasts February of 2020 but no one was really talking about the virus being here back then. I was extremely sick and my little one ended up being sick for 5 months straight. They kept testing her for flu A and B but it was always negative. She ended up getting pneumonia and finally after she was treated for that she started to get better. I can’t say for sure if we had it or not but I wonder. In the end I suppose it doesn’t really matter if we did or didn’t since even if we did it doesn’t mean we couldn’t catch it again.

Im proud of myself, I’m glad I got it, I have no regrets. I still am having no side effects beyond the sore arm and being a bit tired yesterday. I think everyone who can get it should get it and I even felt that way before I got up enough courage to get it myself.

Thank you guys for the encouragement, I am extremely grateful for it as you all gave me the final push I needed.

NancyW
17-08-21, 19:57
There’s a lot of that going on here too unfortunately 🥴 lots of conspiracy theories like the government is trying to kill us via the vaccine etc it’s kinda crazy and incredibly sad.

Careful1 I'm in the US too, in Ohio. We were doing so good back in June and early July, I can't believe we are here again. My anxiety is really ramping up hearing the numbers, hospitalizations and deaths of younger people. 😩

Careful1
17-08-21, 20:08
Careful1 I'm in the US too, in Ohio. We were doing so good back in June and early July, I can't believe we are here again. My anxiety is really ramping up hearing the numbers, hospitalizations and deaths of younger people. 😩

I pulled my youngest out of school because they decided masks were no longer mandatory. I don’t understand how things can get better when there are so many that just don’t seem to care.

My anxiety over the virus is through the roof. I’m driving everyone in my house crazy. I can control myself but no one else and it drives me insane. Everyone should feel comfortable and safe in their own home but I do not and this is a terrible feeling. My daughter goes to college and works, my son works and goes hanging out wherever, my husband works full time, my mom and sister in law are staying with us until they find a place and they are out and about sun up to sun down. I’m afraid to touch things in my house. I can’t live like this and yet I have no choice. I’m scared all the time.

elizabethalice
17-08-21, 23:02
Well done and congrats to you for getting your second jab!

Regarding these antivaxxers and their derision towards our current (Tory) govt and the belief that they're out to 'control' us, the irony is that many of them seem adamant that things would be even worse under Labour or the Lib Dems.

I bet many of those persons bemoaning the situation in this country would be having mega hissy fits if they were living in NZ right now, the entire nation is going into a full-on national lockdown over just 1 single case of Covid (albeit only for 3 days apart from Auckland, which will be a bit longer), whilst we're now more close to the old 'normal' for the first time probably since the first half of March 2020, our dashboard cases are averaging around 25-30k per day, which is most ironic.

But then direct comparisons between us and NZ are basically like comparing apples with oranges, especially as their population is extremely miniscule compared to ours, so their full national lockdown over a single case (their first since February) is probably more justifiable than would have been here, even though (from a UK perspective) it seems a bit excessive and OTT.

Having said that, NZ's rate of vaccine hesitancy is very high, very much like their neighbours in Australia, and less than 30% of NZ's population are currently jabbed, according to the article on the BBC News this morning, so kind of self-inflicted at the same time.

Sorry for hijacking this thread BTW.

Yes, a lot of people in this country wouldn't be happy at all with the way Aus and NZ do lockdowns!! But they've had so much less illness there so it shows how it really does work. Total lock down for 1 case may not always be the answer (I know its controversial) but when you compare it to what we have had here, I know I'd prefer a government that takes a much more cautious approach.

But yeah, I think the main issue with both countries now is lack of vaccine uptake. With very few people with natural immunity I guess Delta will get everywhere if they don't lock down now. There seems to be a lot of hesitation in Australia still. I lived in Byron Bay for 6 months on my working holiday visa and that seems to be the vaccine skeptic centre of Australia now, interesting article about it on the Guardian the other day!

elizabethalice
17-08-21, 23:07
Careful1, I do completely get having fear over adverse reactions to the vaccine - I have always been very very keen to get the vaccine but even today before I got my second dose I had a little bit of anxiety. But I would much rather take that minuscule risk than get covid again.

You've got the vaccine now and you are already a bit protected. Just give it a week or so and you'll have some antibodies. Sorry to hear about your child and glad they are ok now.

I'm feeling ok after second dose, I've got an achy arm, slight headache and feel quite tired so I'm going to go to sleep now and hopefully I won't feel too bad in the morning!

t0rt01se36
22-08-21, 15:09
I would also like some encouragement. I am in my 40s and have been too anxious to get vaccinated. I know I’m making things worse for myself and I don’t feel like my reasons for being too anxious to get vaccinated are good enough.
I haven’t been away from my driveway for around a year now. I live alone and my sister has been double vaccinated. She’s my only immediate family.
I worry what I might catch, when they stay in my garden, but sometimes my sister comes in to my house, cos her and her family mix with a lot of people at school and other places .
I can’t cope with tablets and use 4head roll on. I want to pre plan what natural remedies I could buy to make me feel better from the side effects, if I were to get vaccinated.
I’m seriously in a dark head space because of worry I might get covid and also thinking about every step to going to get vaccinated.
Please don’t judge me.
It has taken a lot of courage to do this post.

Lencoboy
22-08-21, 15:21
I would also like some encouragement. I am in my 40s and have been too anxious to get vaccinated. I know I’m making things worse for myself and I don’t feel like my reasons for being too anxious to get vaccinated are good enough.
I haven’t been away from my driveway for around a year now. I live alone and my sister has been double vaccinated. She’s my only immediate family.
I worry what I might catch, when they stay in my garden, but sometimes my sister comes in to my house, cos her and her family mix with a lot of people at school and other places .
I can’t cope with tablets and use 4head roll on. I want to pre plan what natural remedies I could buy to make me feel better from the side effects, if I were to get vaccinated.
I’m seriously in a dark head space because of worry I might get covid and also thinking about every step to going to get vaccinated.
Please don’t judge me.

You're probably far more likely to get killed in a car crash than as a result of vaccine-related complications.

Pamplemousse
22-08-21, 15:40
Please don’t judge me.

Well... congratulations on making your post. I know what its like to be nervous of making a forum post lest you go against the prevalent 'groupthink' on it and incur someone's wrath. How are you with soluble tablets, or is it the medicine itself that you're unhappy with?

Most of the common side effects are incredibly mild and frankly will pass without any intervention from painkillers. I had a bit of pain at my injection site - so I ignored it, like I do my annual flu jab. I also felt tired from the first one: well, that was easy - I went to bed and had an early night! I never had any sign of fever from either jab. Second one I felt a bit wobbly, but that could have just been a coincidence. I suspect your 4Head stick will be more than adequate to deal with any headache.

It's worth bearing in mind that being vaccinated - for the most part - reduces the chance of you dying should you become ill enough to be hospitalised. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination (you only need to look at the currently-rising figures), but it's better than the alternative.

Do you have anyone you can trust to accompany you to a vaccination centre, should you choose to go?

Catkins
22-08-21, 17:09
You could contact your local Health food shop and see what they recommend? We have a small independant one near here and they know their stuff.

t0rt01se36
22-08-21, 17:42
I’m not allowed to have my next blood test until January 2022. I would feel more at ease getting vaccinated after a blood test, but that is a long way off and I realise I should get vaccinated ASAP.

My arms are thin and I don’t really have a muscle for a needle to be put into.

I am underweight and even though my heart is hopefully ok. I’m worried cos of what might happen to my heart after the vaccination.

Regarding medication. I can only have liquid form.

The majority of the vaccine venues are around 3 miles away.

I regular eat one vitamin d chewy a day.

Fishmanpa
22-08-21, 18:04

Its a really small needle and muscle mass has absolutely nothing to do with it. And yes, as many have done here, they fought through the anxiety, got the vax and are much better off for it. Hopefully you'll find the inner fortitude to do the same.

FMP

Pamplemousse
22-08-21, 18:27
I’m not allowed to have my next blood test until January 2022. I would feel more at ease getting vaccinated after a blood test, but that is a long way off and I realise I should get vaccinated ASAP.

"Not allowed"? I assume there's some reason for this but don't say why if you feel uncomfortable with it.

If you have muscle enough to type, lift a laptop up or hold up a smartphone, cook and feed yourself, then there's enough muscle for the vaccine to go into :)

I am underweight and even though my heart is hopefully ok. I’m worried cos of what might happen to my heart after the vaccination.

Ah, right. Now I see where your worries lie. Do you have ECGs for any reason?

I hope this will help put your mind at ease but having had HA for over 45 years, I know very well how the anxious mind works - "yes, that's a tiny risk, but it has to happen to someone so why shouldn't that someone be me?"

From https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

Up to and including 11 August 2021, we have received 182 reports of myocarditis and 153 reports of pericarditis following use of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, as well as three reports for viral pericarditis and one report each of infective pericarditis, non-infective endocarditis and streptococcal endocarditis. For COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca there have been 93 reports of myocarditis and 145 reports of pericarditis following vaccination up to and including 11 August 2021 as well as five reports forviral pericarditis, three reports of endocarditis, two reports for endocarditis bacterial and one report each for viral myocarditis, infectious myocarditis and acute endocarditis. There have been 33 reports of myocarditis, 28 reports of pericarditis and one report of endocarditis following use of COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna up to the same date.
In the UK the overall reporting rate for myocarditis, after both first and second dose, is 5.0 cases per million doses of Pfizer/BioNTech and for pericarditis (including viral pericarditis and infective pericarditis) the overall reporting rate is 4.3 cases per million doses of Pfizer/BioNTech. For Moderna, the overall reporting rate for myocarditis is 16.6 per million doses and for pericarditis is 14.0 per million doses. For AstraZeneca the overall reporting rate for myocarditis (including viral myocarditis and infectious myocarditis) is 2.0 per million doses and for pericarditis (including viral pericarditis) is 3.1 per million doses.

Myocarditis and pericarditis happen very rarely in the general population, and it is estimated that in the UK there are about 6 new cases of myocarditis per 100,000 patients per year and about 10 new cases of pericarditis per 100,000 patients per year.

So the likelihood of these cases is slightly lower than would happen in the general public without vaccination anyway.

Regarding medication. I can only have liquid form.

So if you had to, I assume you could tolerate soluble paracetamol if you really felt you needed it to contain, say, feverish symptoms - or is paracetamol a no-no for you?

The majority of the vaccine venues are around 3 miles away.

Closer than mine then, the sole one was nine miles away... can you drive there yourself, or would a family member need to take you? For reassurance, you could ask said family member to perform a Lateral Flow Test before they collected you to check they're negative - it only takes 30 minutes. My elder brother does such a test every time he visits his friends and family. You'll be in and out of the vaccination venue in about half an hour and you'll be asked to wear a mask all the time you're there, plus all the staff within will also be wearing masks so they're a much safer environment than most places these days, where masks are very much optional :(

I regular eat one vitamin d chewy a day.

That in itself is a good idea.

I hope that helps allay your fears a little bit :)

Careful1
13-09-21, 13:38
I got the second shot yesterday afternoon. So far so good, my arm is just super sore.

Catkins
14-09-21, 06:07
That's good news! Well done!

Careful1
14-09-21, 14:34
My husband ended up with a really bad headache and a fever yesterday. His fever got pretty high and it started to worry me but this morning it’s 98.3 so was just from the vaccine.