PDA

View Full Version : Worried about sleep deprivation

THoltz
14-08-21, 16:20
I have sleep issues and only get good sleep every now and then. I feel like my mind can’t shut down and I end up playing with my phone which makes it worse. I do get around 5-7 hours of sleep a night.

I am worried about the long term health effects of my sleep issues and deprivation?

I am only 30 but I worry I am going to have health issues down the road. I am resisting the temptation to google but it is tough.

glassgirlw
14-08-21, 16:27
Shoot. I wish I got 5-7 hours of sleep each night. I have nights where I’m awake every hour, nights where I can’t fall asleep, and nights where I fall asleep super early but then am awake at 2 am onwards. I really wouldn’t worry about this too much. Your body will eventually give in and you’ll sleep. I’m running off two hours sleep today lol. Had what I think was food poisoning all night so that was super fun. Now today I’m just worn out. Not really a daytime sleeper but may try to catch a nap today.

you’ll be ok! Try not to stress over this one, stress is worse for your health than feeling sleep deprived

Catkins
14-08-21, 17:35
As glassgirlw says I would be delighted if I got 7 hours sleep and I know that when you're anxious sleep is effected more, and because you're anxious you worry more about it.

Stay off your phone though, really not good to play with it last thing at night. I'm 54 and have sleep issues for as long as I can remember in one form or another and I'm physically relatively healthy.