PDA

View Full Version : Eye floaters

Delilah11
15-08-21, 22:18
I’m getting a lot more floaters these days
Specifically black splodges in the corner of my eyes.
Today however there was a lot of floaters for me like greyish/ black dots all over. I know floaters are harmless when small but this is worrying me

Is this dangerous?

Fishmanpa
15-08-21, 22:31
Is this dangerous?

You only notice it because you're hyper-focused on it so NO.

FMP

Delilah11
15-08-21, 23:03
Okay fishman nice to know
However this one was a quite a big black dot that was definitely out of the norm for me it was very noticeable

BlueIris
16-08-21, 07:00
I have a lot of floaters; sometimes I notice them, but a lot of the time I don't. They're a nuisance, but I'm pretty sure they're nothing to worry about.

Delilah11
16-08-21, 14:38
Hey iris thanks for the reply
I wonder if your floaters are small and light because that for me is not a concern but mine was a dark splodge.

I use to get these when I would inspect my skin with my flashlight on my phone which isn’t the smartest thing to do. But now I get them here and there.

Carnation
17-08-21, 10:52
They are very common Delilah. With or without anxiety.
I've had them for many, many years.
I've heard they are more apparent when tired or stressed.
But generally, nothing to fear.
Sometimes I have one, sometimes a scatter, sometimes web like. Annoying, but harmless.

StarsDie
20-08-21, 00:31
I've never had the black splodge, but when my anxiety was super high back in May and June, I would see flashes of light and phantom movements in my peripheral vision. Seeing an eye doctor in early July put me at ease as they discovered that my eyes are absolutely fine. 20/20 vision in both eyes. Now I barely notice this stuff. If I hyper-focus on it, I can still see them however. But I just talked to someone who worked in opthamology for years, and she said that a lot of these things are completely normal as you age.