PDA

View Full Version : Is there any possibility I don’t have covid?

UserName20
16-08-21, 07:37
Hi guys,

I’ll try and keep this short.

I’m 21 and my boyfriend is 22. We both still live at home with our parents. I have seen my boyfriend Thursday, Friday night, all day Saturday, and THIS morning on his break at work. Since Thursday his family had complained of being sore, they had blamed it on working. Earlier today when he got home he discovered his entire family had been exposed to covid last Saturday and they are all feeling ill enough to now want to get tested.( he and I were unaware that they were sick ) His dad took a test at home today and got a positive result. My boyfriends throat began hurting in the middle of the day today ( after I saw him this morning ) he now has a full blown sore throat. The at home rapid test he took was negative.

He is getting tested tomorrow at a drive they testing site ( the next day ) but since he is now showing symptoms I think it’s safe to assume that he has it. And so I can only assume I have it as well and my symptoms just haven’t started yet. The only thing I will say is I have a slight headache. I’ve even keeping to myself in my room and I am pretty afraid… for right now I feel okay. I let my boss at work know and I am just not sure if I should get tested tomorrow too or give it another day or so so I don’t test too early.

Is there any way I don’t have covid? I know my chances aren’t looking good. I have been trying to remain as calm as I can. I’m hoping his entire family and him have a speedy recovery. I am just terrified and feel like I’m waiting on mine start

Gary A
16-08-21, 08:52
Covid, in my experience, is pretty random. I had it myself in October and none of my immediate family, who share a house with me, tested positive. Since then, both my partner and youngest daughter have had it and again nobody else in the household tested positive at the same time.

There’s every chance you do have it and every chance you don’t. Just ensure to test yourself and isolate for the required time period. On the plus side, even if you do have Covid, you’re at an age that you’ll probably experience mild cold symptoms at absolute worst.

Try to stay calm, you’ll be absolutely fine.

elizabethalice
16-08-21, 09:23
Like Gary said, it is very random. I just had a few days holiday with my friends and one tested positive on the last day. One person out of five caught it - the girl who was sharing a room with her didn't even catch it!

It's my last day of 10 days isolation today and I tested negative the whole time. Weirdly, I have had some cold-like symptoms (which may have been a coincidental cold, allergies or maybe just over testing, I don't know!) But they've cleared up now and I've done so many LFTs and PCRs and they've all been negative.

I wouldn't say it's a definite - you do need to isolate and get a PCR in a few days, but try not to panic!

Have you had either jab yet? If so, that'll offer you even more protection - don't panic if not though, as your age means it'll probably be very mild anyway if you do get it!

I had covid in January, I'm 28, it wasn't great but I'm fine now. I've got friends my age who had it a lot milder than me too.

All the best and write on here if you need to.

JulieJay92
16-08-21, 11:40
i agree with all the above it 50/50 if you have it or not, when our care home had it over 1/2 residents had it rest didnt, and approx 1/3 of staff but yet we all work with the same residents/staff, try to relax x