PDA

View Full Version : The First Time Speaking About My Anxiety

tnt808
14-11-07, 05:36
I did it! I FINALLY went to the doctors to sorta tell my story. I have been suffering for years w/anxiety, and it has unfortunately gotten the best of me as of late. I have had it, so, I picked myself up and dragged myself to the doctors. I cried, and cried...and she looked at me and said "well hun I think you need meds"...haha I laughed! She said "some need counseling, some needs meds...you're way past counseling"!! So, basically I'm a nutjob:D

She assured me I wasn't a nutjob...and that she really thinks the meds will help..and if not these meds (Paxil, and Klonopin) Sp? she will put me on different ones. I have heard nice things about Klonopin...but it makes me anxious just thinking about taking one. I did however take my Paxil today even though I was terrified. Baby steps in this whole anxiety process...I was so scared to tell my story for fear of being looked at as..depressed (which I am NOT) or looked at as an overwhelmed Mommy (which to a certain extent I am) :D BUT it is definitely anxiety..and I refused to let them think it was anything different, and for that I am proud.

Anyways, that's what has been going on w/me...other than taking care of babies, and a teenager...and dealing w/this anxiety crap.

Hope all is well w/everyone else

bearcrazy
14-11-07, 06:21
:hugs:

Well Done Tina!!!! Glad you found the strength to share your probs. I think Paxil is the same as paroxetine in the UK which I am on and have been for years. I suffer from depression, and hey I am not a nut, just someone with a few problems like you!

hope you start to feel better soon

June xxxx

manmoor
14-11-07, 08:12
Tina :hugs: I'm proud of you too hun :hugs: and I just knew the nutjob was all mine lol. You did well lady friend. xxx

anxious
14-11-07, 09:09
Well done Tina

:hugs:
anx xx

Granny Primark
14-11-07, 10:59
Tina Well Done for going see the doc.
Your far from being a nut job.
Youve had a load of things to contend with recently.
Loads of love, hugs and good wishes to yer from yer granny.

Take care
LYNN xx

scoobygirl2005
14-11-07, 13:08
Hey Tina.

Thats brilliant well done! Am proud of you. Hope you are feeling better now.

Scoobygirl2005
x

margaret911
14-11-07, 16:12
Hi Tina
Well done for going to the doctor and talking about how you feel, your definately not a nut job. Take care.
love Mags xxx

ruthb1
30-11-07, 18:12
hi tina,

havent sopke to you in ages hun, you are not a nut job, listen if i can overcome this horrible thing and take prozac i am sure you can. it will work hun it just takes time and a little patience. hope you are all well, sorry i havent been in chat for such a long time, i havent forgotten my friends who where there for me when i was at my lowest.

take care hun

speak soon

ruth