PDA

View Full Version : Itchy Indent on Shin Bone? What Is It?

mischamoonlight
17-08-21, 12:28
For the last 3 or so months, I've had a small red itchy patch on my right shin bone, below the knee, and it comes and goes. What I've noticed though, that's causing me some concern is an indent between it, like someone dented a pen in through it. That eventually goes but its causing me a lot of anxiety at the moment, as I don't know what's causing this dent. This small patch can get really itchy too, but I don't know why theirs a dent? It doesn't hurt, just itchy every now and then.

I haven't bumped, injured or done anything exerting to cause this. Its very small, like I said, like the side of a pen was dented there small.

I'm 33 F btw, only my Hypothyroid but medicated for that, and beta blockers for anxiety and blood pressure. Other than that, nothing really. I can't feel anything similar on my other shin, so I honestly don't know. I'm making an appointment today to have my doctor look at it. Though, sometimes it disappears and reappears, so really frustrating.

Obviously, whenever you Google anything, ALS, muscle atrophy comes up and Leukemia, which is a bit frightening. And Edema too, so feeling a little tense right now.

Scass
17-08-21, 22:02
The only thing I can say, is that if I notice something that is worrying me, I try and live with it for 2-3 weeks to see if it gets better. It usually does.

Oh and I’m sure yours is nothing to worry about. I often get itchy skin there on my legs because the skin is quite thin there. But if it’s been bothering you for a little while, why not just get it checked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mischamoonlight
19-08-21, 23:09
Yeah, I am, got an appointment tomorrow. Hopefully can get it looked at and see what to do.