PDA

View Full Version : Vision and exposure therapy

Cptdebbie
17-08-21, 20:06
My therapist did something today in therapy that I really liked. My anxiety over my vision has been huge the last few weeks. I had two migraine auras, saw a green light under my bed when I got up to go to the bathroom (sleep hallucination?), experienced dimming of vision in one and both eyes, and etc., etc.

Usually I’m okay for a while after the doctor tells me I am, but not this time. I had a ct scan to rule out stroke for the first aura and a full eye exam from my neuro-ophthalmologist, but I’ve still been a mess. I’ve even been dreaming about having diseases.

So, today my therapist skipped my EMDR therapy and he had me try to bring up the emotions and feelings of the worst panic I felt due to something I saw. Then we practiced calming myself down. We did breathing, distraction, and visualization. It was good. I felt empowered when I left. That’s huge for me since my traumas run so deep.

I just thought I’d let you all know. And, I also wanted to tell you something my neuro-ophthalmologist keeps telling me - eyes do weird things sometimes. If you wait a few weeks the weird things will usually stop.