PDA

View Full Version : Catching covid

bikeman
18-08-21, 19:15
Hi everyone its been 2 weeks since i had covid and finished my 10 day isolation ,my question is can i catch it again just 10 days after the reason i ask is i have a sore throat and a slight runny nose or is this just symptoms you get from recovering ,as cannot believe you could so again after or am i just really unlucky i am reluctant to do a lateral flow test as i cannot go through all that crap again missing out ongoing out with friends and my grand kids who i have only seen 3 times in 18 months.:unsure::unsure:

meltedchic
19-08-21, 04:21
Hi everyone its been 2 weeks since i had covid and finished my 10 day isolation ,my question is can i catch it again just 10 days after the reason i ask is i have a sore throat and a slight runny nose or is this just symptoms you get from recovering ,as cannot believe you could so again after or am i just really unlucky i am reluctant to do a lateral flow test as i cannot go through all that crap again missing out ongoing out with friends and my grand kids who i have only seen 3 times in 18 months.:unsure::unsure:

Yes it is possible to get contracted again with the virus. And the 2nd time around it was a bit more difficult to recover. I am not scaring you, I am just sharing of what my cousin had gone through. Fortunately, he was able to recover.

elizabethalice
19-08-21, 08:21
Hi Bikeman,

It is possible to get it twice, but I highly doubt it so soon after. Covid symptoms go up and down when recovering, so it is probably the same first infection. In fact, I think if you went for a PCR in such a short time span they'd tell you that it's from the first infection. I'd maybe do a LFT for peace of mind as they only take 30 mins (or less now for the new ones!) But I highly highly doubt its covid again so soon.

I had covid in January and just spent a few days on holiday with my friend who then tested postive. I did 10 days isolation but tested negative the whole time. I'd had one vaccine too, but I definitely think my natural antibodies helped me there. And that was January so ages ago!

Lencoboy
19-08-21, 08:31
Hi Bikeman,

It is possible to get it twice, but I highly doubt it so soon after. Covid symptoms go up and down when recovering, so it is probably the same first infection. In fact, I think if you went for a PCR in such a short time span they'd tell you that it's from the first infection. I'd maybe do a LFT for peace of mind as they only take 30 mins (or less now for the new ones!) But I highly highly doubt its covid again so soon.

I had covid in January and just spent a few days on holiday with my friend who then tested postive. I did 10 days isolation but tested negative the whole time. I'd had one vaccine too, but I definitely think my natural antibodies helped me there. And that was January so ages ago!

Elizabethalice, I do really admire your rationale, and the way you try to honestly reassure others on here, even though Covid experiences can vary greatly from one individual to another, and can be extremely random in nature.

elizabethalice
19-08-21, 18:35
Elizabethalice, I do really admire your rationale, and the way you try to honestly reassure others on here, even though Covid experiences can vary greatly from one individual to another, and can be extremely random in nature.

Thankyou! You're right, they can be very random, but I would definitely say 10 days after a bout of covid its unlikely to be a new infection? I wouldn't have been surprised if someone was reinfected after 7 months though, I was lucky. Still so much unknown about it isn't there!

Lencoboy
19-08-21, 20:35
Thankyou! You're right, they can be very random, but I would definitely say 10 days after a bout of covid its unlikely to be a new infection? I wouldn't have been surprised if someone was reinfected after 7 months though, I was lucky. Still so much unknown about it isn't there!

And a gauntlet of endless misinformation, which of course only adds to all the confusion.