PDA

View Full Version : Bowel Cancer Worry

minion
19-08-21, 06:47
Hi guys. I have been more or less ok for the past 3 months. But I am now spiralling again! For the past 3 weeks I have had lower left abdominal pain. At times it affects my hip, buttock and front of thigh.
When lying down I can actually pin point where the point is. I checked and everything points to bowel cancer. I am 50 so in the right age group. In a panic!

NoraB
19-08-21, 07:02
Hi guys. I have been more or less ok for the past 3 months. But I am now spiralling again! For the past 3 weeks I have had lower left abdominal pain. At times it affects my hip, buttock and front of thigh.
When lying down I can actually pin point where the point is. I checked and everything points to bowel cancer. I am 50 so in the right age group. In a panic!

A few months ago...

So far this year I have had every disease imaginable!

You're still on the ol' bowel cancer train eh? Despite there being no red flags?

If constipation was a definite sign of bowel cancer then I must phone up the consultant who did my colonoscopy four years ago and tell him that he got it wrong when he said I don't have bowel cancer because I get constipation and abdo pain. I just call it IBS these days..

What are you doing to alleviate the constipation? If we're talking about age groups (50+) then you need to take a look at your diet as gluten, dairy, and a multitude of other types of foods can cause havoc with the ageing digestive system.

Are you taking any medication. If so, what? Because lots of medications cause constipation.

Are you eating enough fruit and veg?

Drinking enough water?

Are you doing anything proactive at all?

For what it's worth, my brother-in-law has been successfully treated for bowel cancer and he was in ABSOLUTE AGONY. If you had a blockage in your colon - I'm pretty sure you'd know about it.

Lower left abdo pain is to be expected with constipation. Aside all of the above, learn to massage your bowels to help to get things moving. Magnesium can help as it's a natural laxative and it's also good for anxiety. It's not called 'the calming mineral' for nothing! Also, exercise - even a ten minute daily walk will help..