PDA

View Full Version : Hard Painful Nodule Under Ear

StarsDie
20-08-21, 00:21
Right now I've kept my anxiety at bay a little bit and have kept myself from googling. But I discovered a hard painful nodule under my left ear (parotid gland I believe). I do know that the vast majority of 'tumors' in the parotid gland are benign. I've done a ton of research on this because of a lymph node biopsy I had back in 2015 from my right parotid gland (ended up being a bacterial infection). But the thought enters my mind. Specifically the idea that my anxiety seems to be heavily effecting my health this past year. My lifetime of anxiety just recently got me diagnosed with Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome, something which can potentially debillitate me. I'm starting to feel like my anxiety is literally physically killing me. So I wouldn't be surprised if it were cancer this time.

melie1818
21-08-21, 08:12
First of all, well done for not googling. It takes a lot of will power and will only add to your anxiety if you search. As you've been through this before with your other ear I would try to concentrate on the outcome for that and how it was nothing to worry about. Is there anything you can do to distract yourself from the intrusive thoughts?

StarsDie
22-08-21, 15:02
There are some significant differences from the last time I experienced an issue with my parotid gland. The last time it was an obvious lymph node that ballooned. It was soft and painless.
This time I'm not sure if it's actually a lymph node. It's hard and firm, and it's radiating pain and pressure in and around my ear; causing a feeling of 'clogging'. I've been experiencing an ear clogging sensation since April, but it's just now that I discovered the nodule.
I've been handling my anxiety ok despite it. But not so much my depression. I feel hopeless at this point. My health issues are destroying my desire to live.