PDA

View Full Version : Gallstones blocking duct?

Siffi
22-08-21, 10:43
So I'm back again, hanging my head in shame. Got diagnosed with gallstone after experiencing bad pain across under my ribs, going up to my shoulder and shoulder blade. It made me feel confused, nauseous , pale poop, sweaty. It was a reasonable size - 24mm. The doctor did offer me surgery, but I'd said I'd rather try and control it with a non fatty diet. It's been so much better, although I had an attack a few days ago (had sausages,). I controlled it with a couple of paracetamol and omeprazole. Ever since then it's been way less intense, strangely. Less causing me the visceral symptoms. Idk whether it's because I'm controlling the pain with the diet. I've had pain in my stomach and it's all gurgly and the pale poop/ diarrhea for a couple of days.the gallbladder pain is there but it feels more into the background. It's less someone digging deep under my rib and more someone lightly pressing. I've also got tenderness around the right rib area like it's bruised a d a horrible bitter thick taste at the back of my throat (hard to describe) I'm really scared that it moved somewhere else. I haven't noticed any yellowing of the skin, don't feel feverish. Surely I would be in such pain if it did? The doctor said it's unlikely to block a duct /travel ,since it's big. Think I'm stressing out about today. Got a family outing today an hour away and I'm not good with crowds nor big events, especially away from home. Since I've recently moved, I cannot see a doctor yet since I haven't registered with a gp surgery down here.

Catkins
22-08-21, 16:50
I would try and get registered with a doctor as soon as you can - not because I think you need to see them, it's just good to be registered. Some do online registering now to keep people out of coming to the practice.

I've had my gallbladder removed. My gallstones were small and it was more of a sludge, unfortunately diet helped but I still used to have bad attacks so wanted it out as soon as I could (which wasn't that soon because of the waiting list). I would say that you're feeling discomfort etc now as a hangover from the sausages.

Siffi
23-08-21, 20:51
Thanks so much for your reply. Yeah I definitely will register. Feeling alot better today. Did you having your gallbladder out help with the pain?

NancyW
24-08-21, 01:52
The doctor did offer me surgery, but I'd said I'd rather try and control it with a non fatty diet.

How long do you want to live this way?

My surgeon told me, the organ itself is malfunctioning, it will not heal itself.
If left to fester, it can affect your liver, your pancreas, it can become infected or gangrenious, then you'll be having emergency surgery.

**my coworker just went through this, she got pancreatitis, she was admitted into the hospital in horrific pain, took 3 days to clear the infection so they could take her gallbladder out but the had to put a Stent in to hold open the duct that was still inflamed. A few weeks later she had to go back under general anesthesia to get the stent out.

Not worth f-ing with this thing, get it out and be done with it.

Catkins
24-08-21, 06:28
Thanks so much for your reply. Yeah I definitely will register. Feeling alot better today. Did you having your gallbladder out help with the pain?

Yes, it was such a relief to have it out and not have the pain (which was horrendous).