PDA

View Full Version : Hi Im new!

jess161989
14-11-07, 13:22
Hi there,

One of my friends reccomended this site to me, and so far I have found searching through the pages very useful. A bit about me:

My name is Jess and I am 17 years old. My Mother has been severly depressed for most of my life, and because of this she has not always 'been there' for me like many mothers. She also can get very stressed. I think this is probably one of the reasons that I am the way that I am. I was diagnosed with depression approximately 3 years ago, and was on anti-depressants for a long time. More recently I was told I have OCD where I constantly have to count things and refuse to eat things in groups of less than four (sounds silly I know). If I am told to turn something off (a light for example) then I have to go round the house turning every light on and off again. I have to check up to 15 times in the morning that I haev locked the front door after me. I get halfway down the road, and then have to go and check again! As you can imagine it takes up a lot of my time that could be spent doing other things. :weep:

I don't know whether this is a trate of many people that suffer from depression, but I go around with a 'front' as in I come accross as a happy bubbly person. It is only my few close friends that know how I really feel. I panic a lot, esspecially if someone shouts at me (bad experience from past) and tend to forget to breathe! :wacko:

Sorry if I sound a bit stupid- It has been difficult for me to post these things. :)

Does anyone else do the things that I do?

Thanks

scoobygirl2005
14-11-07, 13:29
Hi.

Welcome to the site, you will find lots of help and support. I know exactly how you feel from what you have said, pretty much the same with me too. Feel free to private message me if you want to chat.

Scoobygirl2005
x

Believe
14-11-07, 13:50
Hello Jess

Welcome to NMP. You will make loads of friends and get great advice.
Hope to see you around.

Lindalou64
14-11-07, 13:58
Hello Jess And Welcome To The Site.....linda

trac67
14-11-07, 14:26
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

nomorepanic
14-11-07, 15:56
Hi Jess

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

honeybee3939
14-11-07, 16:32
Hi Jess

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

manmoor
14-11-07, 17:05
Hi Jess,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

jess161989
14-11-07, 18:05
Hi guys!

Thanks for your lovely welcomes, I had no idea that everyone would be so nice :D

Jess

Nibbles
14-11-07, 19:42
Hi Jess and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

groovygranny
14-11-07, 20:35
Hello Jess:welcome:to you!

Well, I can't relate to the ocd, but I can certainly relate to going around with a 'front on'. It wasn't until 2 yrs ago I realised this was what I'd been doing for best part of my adult life (things are changing now though!) - so I'm very glad you've found us so soon on in yours.

You'll get plenty of help, support and advice here - and you are certainly not stupid!!!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Pink Princess
15-11-07, 08:43
hi jess

http://www.stormymoongraphics.com/caimages/Toodles%20Welcome%20Graphic.gif

take kare xxxxx

kittykat
15-11-07, 12:19
Hi there jess

:welcome: to the site xx