PDA

View Full Version : Can mold from dirty dishes make you sick/kill you?

tsmc223
23-08-21, 08:11
I’ve developed a fear of mold.

So long story short, I left a cup of water in my room for a week and forgot to wash it. It was pretty much empty but I saw a few tiny little green balls of mold starting to form. I went ahead and took it to my kitchen to rinse & wash it and poured the dirty water over other dirty dishes. My mom washed everything with hot water and dish soap after (as she usually does) but my question is did I just make mold spores spread onto more dishes and will they still live even after washing? Or am I just overreacting? I told my mom and she washed it normally but wasn’t really worried and thought I was being too panicky.

If you can’t tell, I have a little bit of health anxiety and panic disorder. Any insight would be great. Thanks

.Poppy.
23-08-21, 14:48
They’d be dead after washing for sure.

But, most mold is harmless anyway. I’ve certainly eaten my fair share on accident! It definitely won’t kill you, probably won’t even make you sick.

Chlobo
23-08-21, 17:01
It’s okay. I always pick the mould off my bread and still make a sandwich, and I’ve done that for years

NoraB
24-08-21, 08:44
Or am I just overreacting?

Massively.

Any spores would have bitten the dust as soon as they hit the hot soapy water..

I've found unidentifiable life forms in dishes underneath my sons beds and they're still here. Ya fine. :yesyes: