PDA

View Full Version : new member!

katie
10-02-05, 17:12
hello.i have just signed into this site with a recomendation from my cpn.iam still new to computers too so excuse if i make mistakes.
i am 25 and live in lincoln.i have a 6month old son and have been married for nearly a year.
i started suffering with panic and axiety attacks when i was 17 and for a while i was ok but the past year has been difficult for me again.
iam controlling them myself at the mo but see a cpn every fortnight.my main problems at the mo are avoiding doing things on my own or going out to town or shopping.iam wanting a quick recovery due to my son.i do not want this to affect his life.
well i hope i get to chat to some of you.
thanks for reading.x x x

FAN
10-02-05, 17:29
hi and welcome im sure you will find loads of useful advice on here

fan x

Meg
10-02-05, 17:40
Hi Katie and welcome .

Great that your CPN recommended us ..

Do you know what stresses caused your anxiety/panic initially and what caused it to return ?

Well done for controlling them currently - you'll need to practice that skill more as you move on into starting to go out again.

Don't try to run before you can walk- take your recovery steadily and thoroughly rather than aiming for speed.

First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Any particular worries - please shout

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

jill
10-02-05, 17:40
Hi Katie

Welcome to the site,

There are lots of nice people here who will help
and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

seh1980
10-02-05, 17:54
hello Katie,

Welcome to the site!! I hope we can all help you. I look forward to getting to know you better

Sarah :D

Karen
10-02-05, 18:12
Hi Katie

Welcome to the forum.

There are a lot of good people here and I am sure you will get some good help and support.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

bluebottle
10-02-05, 18:41
Hi Katie,

Welcome to the forum. You will get lots of support here and everyone is very nice.

Regards,

Blue
--
Take little steps

ADC
10-02-05, 19:23
Dear Katie,

Just wanted to say hi,i only joined the website this week aswell,so i am still finding my way around.

I have a 2 year old son and like you have been suffering from terrible anxiety which is really affecting my day to day life.I am also suffering with Post Natal Depression aswell,and im sure my anxiety is part of that.

Hope we can get to know each other on the site.

Alison x

I am struggling with anxiety folllowing post natal depression

Tracy68
10-02-05, 19:40
Hi Katie
Welcome to the site. I've found it very helpful and i'm sure you will too.
Take care
Tracy
xx

clickaway
10-02-05, 21:07
Welcome, Katie.

We are all here to help each other. I find I need a lot of reassurance and this site really scores well on that and gives tons of advice too.

Try to look on the positive side all the time. Think of the joy of seeing your baby son grow, as oppossed to how long he cried last night. Much easier said than done, I know, but it will help.

Take Care

Ray

JPF
11-02-05, 16:03
Hi Katie

Welcome to the forums! Just to echo what everyone else has said - this is a great place, very, very supportive and understanding and absolutely full to the brim of nice people and genuinely useful information. I'm sure it'll be a big help to you.

Don't be in too much of a rush to feel better - I mean that in the sense of not putting pressure on yourself - panic and anxiety responds very well to all kinds of treatment but one of the most important things to do is try to take active steps towards stopping being hard on yourself. We all tend to be a bit critical and we all would like a magic bullet cure but the recovery seems to lie in an accumulation of small(ish) steps. Enjoy your son as much as you can and keep on doing what you're doing as well as picking up some practical advice.. There is so much useful information on here and the parent website and the fourms are full of genuinely helpful and supportive people who really do understand the way you're feeling.

I'm sure you'll be well onto the road to recovery before very long - finding this place is a *huge* step forward!

Good luck and good health

J

nomorepanic
12-02-05, 17:03
Hi Katie

Welcome to the forum. I am so pleased that your CPN referred you to this site as we will do all we can to get you back on track.

We have a saying on here of "little steps at a time". Getting back to normal will involve lots of little steps and building confidence along the way. I hope we can get you going with these steps.

Nicola