PDA

View Full Version : Over active nervous system

Jon06121974
14-11-07, 17:39
Reading this website i have concluded that the route of all my problems is an overactive nervous system and this in turn is either bought on by anxiety or is causing anxiety.

I dont know much about an over active nervous system so can anyone help me?

What foods are good for this, i already take Vit B supplements and Omega 3.

I go through various symptoms which tend to last a week and then move on and replaced with something else. if anyone else has experience coping with this could you give me some advise as to how i can help myself as really have no faith in GPs!

Thanks

Meewah
15-11-07, 00:22
Hi Jon

Welcome...Health Anxiety and an over active nervous system have benifited my health as well as worried me sick. I eat really well now. Only organic vegetables. Plenty of vegetables and very little red meat. I dont east Fish and chips or bacon sanwhiches anymore as I feel like this will be the meal that finishes me off. I feel like the fat is pumping through my veins. I drink lots of water and generally cut out junk food. Strangley enough I very rarely drink alcahol as it can give me palpatations and I feel Cxxp the next day. I walk where ever I can even though sometimes I feel like I will have a heart attack.

In answer to your question cut out the supplements and buy some healthy vegetables and you will benefit in many more ways. Keep off the coffee as Caffene can cause anxiety symptoms to worsen.

Hope this helps

Mee.

cassi23
15-11-07, 12:52
hiya, what are your symptoms of having an over active nervous system?

I've been having palpitations, with a fast and sometimes irregular pulse, shakiness, feelings of restlesness and nervousness, and loads of other stuff. I've had my heart checked out and theres apparently nothing wrong, the docs have told me its anxiety, for which i have medication that seems tobe working.

Would love to hear of your symptoms though - are they any like mine?

Cassi23

Jon06121974
15-11-07, 13:21
hey cassie

Thanks for your reply.

My symptoms vary all the time but the main ones are as follows

Loss of energy ( like blood sugar has dropped)

Trembling inside

Muscle twitches and random spasms

paranoia about when next attack will happen

depression

feeling hyper especially around jaw (makes you feel like slapping yourself to get rid of feeling)

IBS

Wake up absolutelly shattered and black under eyes

you name it i have had it at some point

sagey
15-11-07, 13:57
Would anyone else include inertia and lack of motivation in their symptons, as that is what I have.

Jon06121974
15-11-07, 14:06
yep i struggle to find motivation to do anything since this all started. guess some of its being affraid of something happening when im out! do struggle on though!

I also get really ratty around people

rossgirl
21-11-07, 10:31
Hi,
I have recently posted on ectopic beats, but when I read your post, it really struck a chord. I too feel as if I am an engine running with the choke out all the time. I feel the same trembly shaky sensation, weakness, and lack of interest in things going on around me. I am constantly focussed on me, and all sensations I feel. I get panicky about my heart, and even when its ok, I live in fear of the palps starting again.
Sound familiar?
Amber x