PDA

View Full Version : College

nikk_dolittle
14-11-07, 21:42
:hugs: Hey all,

Well...as my previous post was about going to college and getting the counselling...

TODAY. I had my 3rd counselling session...I was dreading it and felt like saying I cant do go, most people I spoke to yesterday will know how bad I was about not going to it...so I explained to tutor yesterday about it and she said see her before I go to it and see if she can reassure a bit....

So I did...still saying ' I don’t want to at all, I cant do this, nothing will be ok etc etc' But I came around to it and I went and I stayed there the whole time....panicked and cried the whole time and not said a word hardly...so when I finished there...I went back to my lesson and saw my tutor and she told me to go in and sit down for a bit till break...this caused a massive Panic attack....but I coped through it.

When my tutor came too see me she said I looked terrible so she wanted me to stay with her and have a chat with her instead of doing the lesson, so I did...

Managed to say almost everything -how I felt, some of what’s been going on, about the intrusive thoughts of harm etc... I felt safe and comfortable to do it.
Then we agreed on something’s that might help me:
1) Meet once a week at a certain time and talk about things,
2) When I have the thoughts of harming the animals, tell my tutor and she will watch over me.
3)also if I have them, she will let me hold an animal or anything I want to do with like comb, brush, wash etc and show me I can push past them as much as I can and prove nothing will happen.
4) Come with me to see my counselling if I feel safer with her there. :ohmy:

I think there is a success there along the lines of things now and having a supportive tutor and someone to be there for me when I need her.:yesyes:

Thanks so much everyone else that’s here. (toooo many to name):shades: :wacko:

Nikk xxxxxxx:hugs:

t0rt01se36
15-11-07, 09:06
Nikk I'm glad you're getting help to make your time at College ok.

As the saying goes, if you don't ask, you don't get.

Theres always someone that can help. Hope I don't seem patronising cos I didn't mean to be and I hope you have Success in the future Nikk.

All the best, from Julie x

manmoor
15-11-07, 09:09
Nikk thats great news hun. xxx

Lindalou64
15-11-07, 12:00
hey nikkk
big hugsssssssssssss hun awsome im so happy you opened up to someone that can be near you,im so happy you have some one there that can help you talk with you, your gonna be ok nikk you really are, doing a great job !!!!!!! ((((((((((((nikk))))))))))))........linda xxxxx

margaret911
15-11-07, 17:10
Hi Nikk
I think it's great you are getting some help at last, I really hope you continue to improve and feel better about yourself.
love Mags xxx

nomorepanic
15-11-07, 17:52
Nikk

That is great news all round :yesyes: :yesyes:

Have a hug from me as well :bighug1:

honeybee3939
15-11-07, 21:32
Hi Nikk

Lovely to read of your good news, thats a great achievement for you hun!:yesyes:

Lovely to hear you are getting the support you need too.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Oceanblue
15-11-07, 21:55
:DNikk

That's excellent news !!! I'm so happy for you and I really do admire you for being so brave in talking to your Tutor about your feelings, such an achievement and what a lovely caring Tutor you have too !

She sounds brilliant, understanding and so supportive.

Well done Nikk, you really ought to give yourself credit for what you have done, it would have been a huge step for anybody to take and you should be proud of yourself. :yesyes:

Keep talking/working closely and try and keep up that special connection with your Tutor, she's seems like a great person to know.

Take it easy, and chat soon xx:flowers: