PDA

View Full Version : So sick of irregular heartbeats

TracyL
15-11-07, 00:22
Hi everyone

Well I havn't posted for a few days. My ectopic/extra/irregular beats havn't been too bad for a few days. I still experienced the occasional ones but not the constant ones. However yesteday afternoon at work they started again and i'm still getting them now :weep: but the horrible constant ones (every few beats). I just hate the feeling in the chest you get with them and I tried so desperately yesterday to not panic and try and ignore them but how can you ignore something that you can feel and can't get away from :shrug:

I still have to go see my doctor for the results of the echo I had but am wondering if i should ask to see a cardiologist also to see if they can shed some light on these dreaded things.

Gosh I am so sick of them, and so angry with myself.

Sorry for rambling just needed some reassurance i guess :wacko:

Thanks guys

Tracy

Gryphoenix
15-11-07, 00:56
Aww. :hugs: I hate getting them too, on some days I can endure them just fine and others I can't stand even when I get the slightest indication of one.

Just think about all the times you've had ectopics and have been fine. You're still here and they're nothing but little hiccups. :D

roziexwx
15-11-07, 10:41
i know how you feel,i was plagued by ectopic beats,had all the tests,was told to ignore them lol,thats a joke,anyay doc eventually tried me on 20mgs of citalopram and they are working brilliantly,i still get the odd flutter in my tummy but not the terrible jumps and bumps i used to have,used to feel like i had a thousand butterflys in my chest,was horrible,anyway just my little input,hope you get the result you want.take care x

angiebaby
15-11-07, 22:36
I know how you feel, they drive me bonkers too. Although i have had these for 12 years i still get scared by them. I have been told they are benign and there is nothing wrong, but i hate the way they feel.
I was thinking that i had had an alright day today, kept going and been busy, been out in town too which is an achievement for me, lol. But i have had 6 big ectopics and they are dragging me back down again. They are such a pain aren't they?xx

TracyL
15-11-07, 22:54
Hi Guys

thanks for your replies, yes i really hate these things. I hate the feeling in the chest you get with the irregular heartbeats etc. Yesterday i tried taking an extra Inderal tablet. Last night whilst watching tv didn't feel too bad, had the odd ones but nothing too bad. Then just before bed, they started with a vengeance again and had them in bed and when I woke this morning, they were still there. I'd get one like every 2 beats, then every 4 beats etc and they just kept going. Eventually I got up and did my walk aerobic dvd for 20 mins and didn't feel one. It is so bizarre!

Anyway, good luck to us all and lets keep smiling

thanks
Tracy

cassi23
13-12-07, 11:34
Yes my doctor said that exercise helps alot and when i start to get them and it makes anxious to do some aerobic exercise, walking etc...not so easy when you're at work though. hehe.

Rennie1989
13-12-07, 14:42
They are sooo annoying! You can be sitting and all of a sudden you feel that flutter in your chest every so often, I used to be muscle spasms in my thigh alot ... but it amused me :P

Anyway, good luck with the echo results, I hope nothing is wrong and I highly doubt there is :) cut down on alcohol and caffeine and it may help.

Take care

TracyL
14-12-07, 00:55
Hi Guys

thanks for your replies, it sure helps to know other people know exactly what i'm going through. I've been very good for a couple of weeks. Still been having the manageable ones but the other day they started up quite regularly again. I"ve been thinking here we go again. They are just so irritating. Oh by the way, Echo results were good so guess just have to live with these things.

thanks again guys your angels

bye for now
Tracy